As the academic year is slowly nearing the end, we’re excited to share more about the work that’s taken place with the Sustainability Institute! This semester, our interns have been conducting a variety of exciting projects, from mapping UNH’s carbon footprint to developing a campus bike share program. We’re grateful for all their hard work and are looking forward to seeing what they’ll accomplish in the future! 

Image of Sustainability Interns

Meet our current SI interns below: 

• Pheobe Adame: Pheobe is a senior majoring in Environmental Science and Sustainability. She hopes to live her life preserving the beautiful environment so she and all future generations can enjoy it as much as she does now!  
  • Jacob Allgaier: Jacob is a Community and Environmental Planning major at UNH and a current SITC intern. Fun fact: I hiked Mt. Moosilauke barefoot.  
  • Sara Berg: Sara is an intern with SIMAP (Sustainability Indicator Management & Analysis Platform). She is most excited to be able to present her findings and work on application development from her case study on the UNH Spend Data's effect on its carbon footprint at the URC! 
  • Megan Broderick: Megan is a junior Environmental Conservation and Sustainability and Educational Studies dual major, working as the Sustainability Advocates intern. 
  • Grace Cannon: Grace is a senior, majoring in Marketing and Sustainability. She has been a communication intern for the past two years with the Sustainability Institute. Fun fact: I am a member of the UNH Sailing Club and am an avid skier. 
  • Isabel Cole: Isabel is a junior Sustainable Agriculture and Food Systems major, working as the NH Eats local intern. Fun fact: I can ride a unicycle.  
  • Isabella Dee: Belle is a freshman who works as an intern for the Tobacco, Smoke, and Nicotine Free Policy. Her favorite facet about the policy is that it caters towards sustainability! Fun Fact: I practice vegetarianism. 
  • Sophie Goodwin: Sophie is a junior Sociology and Sustainability dual major, planning and synthesizing Sustainability Institute programming and events. Fun fact: I have an excel spreadsheet of all of my clothing and it's currently 86% secondhand. 
  • Brooke Healy: Brooke is a senior Wildlife and Conservation Biology major working as the healthy Biodiversity and Ecosystem intern. 
  • Anna Madden: Anna is a junior, majoring in English:Text, Business Writing and Digital Studies. She is currently a communication intern with the Sustainability Institute. Fun fact: If I'm not running, I'm hiking.
  • Nate Maybach: Nate is a sophomore Sustainability and Women's and Gender Studies major, working as the intern in charge of Cat Trax Bike Share. Fun Fact: I ski up hills and I’m passionate about running and reading. 
  • Matt Oriente: Matt is a senior Information Systems and Sustainability major, working as one of the Student Sustainability Network Coordinators. Fun fact: I can play the saxophone. 
  • Jason Plant: Jason is a senior Entrepreneurship major, working as one of the Student Sustainability Network Coordinators. Fun fact: I ate fire last summer in Silicon Valley. 
  • Susie Scharff: Suzanne Scharff is a junior Women's & Gender Studies and Sustainability major and is currently the Sustainability Dual Major intern. Fun fact: I am learning ASL! 
  • Alex Vergara: Alex is currently our office intern. She’s participated in Semester in the City, UNH PROVES, the Changemaker Fellowship, and the Diversity Support Coalition. 
  • Kailei Wedge: Kailei is a junior majoring in Environmental Conservation and Sustainability with a minor in Justice Studies, working as an ATLAS Intern. Fun fact: I am an RA!  
  • Meaghan Wiggin: Meaghan is a recent UNH graduate with a major in Civil Engineering and a minor in Architectural Studies. She is an intern with SIMAP at the Sustainability Institute. Fun Fact: I lived in a van for 4 months where I traveled 16,000 miles and visited 30 National Parks around the USA.