Pulse Secure VPN - FAQs
- Click on Downloads » Pulse Secure (https://connect.vpn.unh.edu) .
- Find and download the Pulse Secure Installer for your OS.
- Windows Users: Please note that Windows 32 and 64-bit are different.
- Install Pulse Secure.
- Open Pulse and add a new connection.
- Fill in any required information, which varies for each version, but may include:
- Name - UNH VPN
- Server URL or URL :
- Users with Active Directory (AD) accounts: https://connect.vpn.unh.edu
- Users without Active Directory (AD) accounts: https://connect.vpn.unh.edu/basic
- To check if you have a valid AD account, please click here .
- Username - your UNH username
- Authentication - Password (default setting)
- Realm - leave blank
- Role - leave blank
- Connect using your UNH username and password.
Note: If you're still having difficulty installing Pulse Secure on Windows, use the Juniper Installer Service found under Downloads » Pulse Secure (https://connect.vpn.unh.edu) and follow the instructions above.
Will Pulse give me the access I need, even though there is only one VPN?
Yes. Pulse will automatically determine the level of access you require by assessing your roles and accounts at UNH. All users will log in via Pulse.
Can I use Pulse on my mobile device?
Yes. Search your device's application store for Junos Pulse. This app should be offered by Pulse Secure. Once the app is installed, use steps 4-6 above to configure Pulse. Remember: while you may have VPN access, most Enterprise applications will not work on mobile devices.
I'm using a web browser to login and I get stuck in an installation loop when I try to log into https://connect.vpn.unh.edu. What should I do?
Manually install and configure Pulse. Log in via the Pulse application, not the browser.
What should I do if I cannot connect to normal VPN-restricted resources?
Report the issue to the UNH IT Service Desk at 603-862-4242 Monday - Friday, 7:30am - 5:00pm or visit us online .
- Windows 8.1 Enterprise, 64-bit
- Windows 8.1, 32-bit
- Windows 8 Enterprise, 64-bit
- Windows 7 SP1 Enterprise, 64-bit
- Windows Embedded Standard 7, 32 and 64-bit
- Mac OSX 10.10 and 10.9, 64-bit
- Windows 10, 32 and 64-bit 3
- Windows 8.1 Enterprise, 32 and 64-bit
- Windows 8 32 and 64-bit
- Windows 8 Enterprise 32-bit
- Windows 8 Pro, 32 and 64-bit
- Windows 7 Ultimate, 32 and 64-bit
- Windows 7 Professional, 32 and 64-bit
- Windows 7 Home Basic, 32 and 64-bit
- Windows 7 Home Premium, 32 and 64-bit
- Mac OSX 10.8, 64-bit
- Mac OSX 10.11, 64-bit3
2 The platforms listed as compatible have not been systematically tested by the Pulse Secure QA department; however, Pulse Secure expects that the Pulse functionality will work based on testing in previous releases and knowledge of the platform.