myCourses - Linking Library Reserves
This article describes the process for linking UNH Library Reserves to a course in myCourses using the native Redirect app. Please note that you are responsible for requesting the desired Reserves through the Library. More information can be found at the library reserves website http://library.unh.edu/faculty/reserves.
Adding the Redirect App
1. After logging into myCourses, access your course.
2. In your course menu list, Click on "Settings".
3. Click on "Apps" tab found in the horizontal tabs.
4. Click on the Redirect Tool icon which looks like a curly blue arrow (pictured below.) You may have to select "View App Configurations" and "All" if you are not in the default Apps view.
5. Click "Add App" which will appear underneath the Redirect Tool icon.
6. In the resulting pop-up window, enter the name to "Library Reserves".
7. Copy and paste the appropriate URL for the Library Reserve you are using.
8. Select "Force open in a new tab (For External Links Only)" and "Show in Course Navigation".
9. When finished, click "Add App".
Editing the App
If you need to edit the app after you have added it, follow these steps:
1. Go to the Settings page and select the Apps tab (step 3 above).
2. Click on "View App Configurations". This will show a list of apps being used in the course
3. Scroll down to find the App that you named in step 6 above and click on the gear icon to the right of that name and click "edit" in the resulting drop-down box.
4. Edit the App in the resulting "Edit App" window.
Changing the Location of the App
1. Navigate to the Navigation tab (to the left of the Apps tab described in step 3 above).
2. Drag and drop items to reorder them in course navigation or click the gear icon, then click "move" and follow the prompts.
3. Remember to select Save to update the changes.
Note: If you copy your course content to another course the redirect tool does not always copy the weblink in the Redirect tool properly. You may have to re-add the URL while in the new course.