Use of Dwellings and Grounds
B. Use of Dwellings and Grounds
- Appliances. All electrical items in a room must be UL listed or recognized to a UL standard by a nationally recognized testing laboratory. Coffee pots, popcorn poppers, irons, hot pots may be used but cannot be plugged in unattended. Refrigerators that stand less than 35" in height and draw no more than 1.5 amp of power are allowed. Microwaves up to 800 watts of power output are acceptable.
- Cleanliness. Students are responsible for maintaining reasonable sanitation and safety standards. If upon inspection, University staff finds safety and sanitation below standard, the student will receive a written request prescribing corrective action. If after a reasonable time the corrective action has not occurred, the University will perform the needed work at the student's expense.
- Furnishings. Each bedroom will be furnished with a bed, desk and desk chair, dresser and closet space for each resident. Bed rails for university supplied lofts and upper bunk beds will be provided at the student’s request.
- Maintenance. Routine maintenance needs should be reported to the Department of Housing in a timely manner. The University reserves the right to perform any and all needed maintenance.
- Trash Removal. Students are solely responsible for bagging trash which accumulates in their room or apartment and disposing of such trash by depositing it in the designated dumpster, trash compactor, and/or recycling container. Personal room or apartment trash may not be placed in common area trash receptacles.
- General. The University reserves the right to inspect students' rooms or apartments to ensure compliance with section F-9, Fire Prevention/Drills/Alarms/Equipment, reserves the right to recommend to the appropriate disciplinary body the termination of any Agreement, and will control the rooms or apartments in case of an epidemic.
Student Rights, Rules, and Responsibilities
- Student Code of Conduct and Conduct Process
- Alcohol, Tobacco, and Other Drug Policies
- Academic Policies
- Administrative Policies and Regulations
- The University and Federal, State, and Local Laws
- Room and Board Agreement
- Student Rights, Rules and Responsibilities - 2013-2014 pdf version