Resident Meal Plans
D. Resident Meal Plans
All students who reside in University housing (except Babcock Hall, The Gables and Woodside apartment residents) are required to purchase a meal plan from the designated mandatory choices. See www.unh.edu/dining for the latest information about meal plans and services.
students must designate the meal plan of their choice:
- prior to July 1 for Semester I
- prior to the second Friday in November for Semester II
- Failure to
specify a meal plan choice will be an indication of acceptance of the minimum
mandatory meal plan for resident students.
- The last day for making downgrades to your meal plan is the 2nd Friday of each semester.
- Resident meal plans are valid through the last day of meal service in the semester of purchase. Violation of the policy can result in a $25 fine or loss of dining privilege.
- Access to
the dining halls can be obtained through one of the following five methods:
- Hand Recognition System (those owning one of the 3 resident unlimited meal plans or the Silver Plus Plan)
- Dining Dollars (encoded on your UNH photo ID card)
- Cat’s Cache (encoded on your UNH photo ID card)
- Master Card or Visa
- Refund schedule. In the event of official withdrawal from the University,
suspension or mutual consent of the parties to terminate this Agreement, the
effective date for calculating a refund on a paid dining plan will be the date
the contract is canceled by UNH Dining.
Year Refunds are made as follows:
- Before Registration Day, 100% refund.
- A meal plan that has not been used through the second Friday of either Semester, 100% refund.
- A meal plan that has been used at any time will be charged at the weekly rate for that meal plan for each week up to cancellation. Partial weeks will be rounded up. The weekly rate equals meal plan cost (not including Dining Dollars) divided by number of weeks in the semester. Silver Plus meal plan holders will be charged at the per meal cost for all meals eaten.
- Unused Dining Dollars will be refunded.
Session refunds are made as follows:
- Summer session unlimited plan refunds will be on a per week basis; unused weeks will be refunded and block plans will be refunded at the highest prevailing per meal cost for official withdrawal or suspension from the University or upon the mutual agreement of the parties.
- Academic Year Refunds are made as follows:
Student Rights, Rules, and Responsibilities
- Student Code of Conduct and Conduct Process
- Alcohol, Tobacco, and Other Drug Policies
- Academic Policies
- Administrative Policies and Regulations
- The University and Federal, State, and Local Laws
- Room and Board Agreement
- Student Rights, Rules and Responsibilities - 2015-2016 pdf version