Meetings and Speakers
20 Meetings and Speakers
- Meetings in the Memorial Union Building are scheduled through the MUB Scheduling Office. See (www.unhmub.com/scheduling) for scheduling and policy information.
- Requests of off-campus organizations. The use of rooms that are not otherwise under authority of a University department, College, or unit, by off campus organizations must be authorized by the Vice President for Student and Academic Services or her/his designee, except in the case of conferences and institutes.
- Requests for use of academic classrooms from recognized student organizations (as defined by Student and Academic Services) for meetings of their membership are handled by the Registrar's Office Scheduling Department.
- Requests for use of academic classrooms from recognized student organizations (as defined by Student and Academic Services) for events including non-members, are handled by the Registrar's Office Scheduling Department.
Meetings with Outside Speakers
1. The basic guidelines for the University's Speakers Policy are the Bill of Rights and the United States Constitution. The rights of freedom of speech and peaceable assembly are fully protected.
2. Any University organization or University group may invite any speaker it desires; however, the following procedures will provide effective advanced information to the University to avoid scheduling conflicts and to assure notification about special requirements.
a. The University organization or group must clearly state in the invitation and in its attendance publicity that the speaker is a guest of the sponsoring group.
b. The Vice President for Student and Academic Services or designee shall specify conditions prerequisite for maintaining order at campus meetings, in accordance with law and applicable University policies, which shall be applicable to all organizations and groups. The University may, within the reasonable interpretation of its mission, limit the time, place, and manner of the presentation. The unit or group shall demonstrate to the satisfaction of the Vice President or designee that compensation will be made to all servicing departments for all expenses resulting from the meeting, including security, arrangements, and clean up.
3. No organization or group may preclude the right of reply through disallowing questions or comments following the speech.
Student Rights, Rules, and Responsibilities
- Student Code of Conduct and Conduct Process
- Alcohol, Tobacco, and Other Drug Policies
- Academic Policies
- Administrative Policies and Regulations
- Financial Responsibilities
- Health Services
- Residential Rules and Regulations
- Dining Hall Policies
- University ID Cards
- Intercollegiate Athletics
- UNH Policy on Scheduling of Games and Practices
- Student Organization Recognition Policies
- Sport Clubs
- Meetings and Speakers
- Student Participation in University Committees
- Administrative Separation and Procedures for Readmission
- Outdoor Assemblies and Events
- Commercial Activities on Campus
- Motor Vehicles
- Health and Safety
- Grievance and Complaint Procedures
- Appeals Procedures for Graduate Students
- Acceptable Use Policy for Information Technology Resources at UNH
- UNH Behavioral Intervention Team
- Affirmative Action and Equity Policies
- Hazing Policy
- The University and Federal, State, and Local Laws
- Room and Board Agreement
- Student Rights, Rules and Responsibilities - 2015-2016 pdf version