New Information about Transfer Credits
Dear UNH Veteran,
Recently the Faculty Senate took action to allow for the acceptance of up to 16 credits for military training and education for work completed in “lower division” coursework (based on ACE guidelines). In the past, only ‘upper division’ coursework was approved.
The policy that became effective on 26 November 2012 will allow us to award up to 16 additional credits based on “lower division” coursework under the following conditions:
1) You have not already received 32 credits of upper division credit for military training and education.
2) You have room for up to 16 credits of elective coursework in your program to count toward the total required for your degree (which is typically 128 credits).
3) You have up to 16 credits of lower division credit from military training and education that is appropriate for transfer based on ACE guidelines.
4) Your total number of credits transferred for lower division military education and training and work completed at community colleges will not exceed 64 credits.
5) Your total number of credits transferred from all sources does not exceed 96 credits.
If you would like us to review your military transcripts to determine whether you may receive additional transfer credit for military training you completed, please follow this link: www.admissions.unh.edu/MilitaryTranscriptReview to request a review. If you have already submitted your military transcript(s) to us, you do not need to re-submit. If you have not already submitted your transcript(s), please request them and ask that they be sent to Norma Bazylinski, Registrar’s Office, University of New Hampshire, 11 Garrison Ave., Durham, N.H. 03824.
We apologize in advance for any confusion that this policy change might cause, but we hope that this change will be beneficial to you. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact either the Admissions Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or Veterans’ Support at email@example.com.
Thank you for your service to your country.
Student & Academic Services
University of New Hampshire