Special Events and Information
- Northeast Passage VA Adaptive Sports Grant - We are again inviting you to participate in an anonymous survey. The survey will help us better understand your recreation interests, preferences, and participation patterns in an effort to improve our services for Veterans. We want to make sure you had the chance to respond so if you didn't on the first round, this is your chance! To show appreciation for your efforts, after the survey is completed, you will have the option of entering into a drawing for an iPad Mini.
Participation in this study is completely voluntary; your refusal to participate will include no prejudice, penalty, or loss of benefits to which you would otherwise be entitled. You may receive up to two more emails asking for your participation in this study. If you agree to participate, you may refuse to answer any question and/or if you change your mind, you may withdraw at any time during the study without penalty. You must be at least 18 years of age to participate in this study.
We hope you take this opportunity to help us improve our Veteran program. Please click on this link: https://unh.az1.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_cub43CKpN0QhRcx
- Project SMART-A summer institute at UNH that challenges, educates and motivates talented high school sophmores and juniors in science and mathmatics while acquainting them with the environment and resources of our university. Open to the children of military connected students and staff. Please contact Subhash Minocha for details at email@example.com.
- Camp Resilience-Veteran Equine Retreat; Friday June 26th-Monday June 29th. Where: Lakes Region Riding Academy, 26 Youngs Rd., Gilford, NH. This program is free to Veterans and is co-facilitated by a former Navy Seal and a national team of experts with knowledge about combat trauma and reintegration issues. For more information contact Kurt Webber @ firstname.lastname@example.org or call (603) 520-3989 or call our office at 862-0911.
- Scholarships for Disabled Veterans: Four scholarships for Disabled Veterans are available through the Chicago Injury Center in amounts from $250-$1000. Apply for these scholarships immediately (deadline June 1, 2015) by contacting Jeanne Sokolowski in the Office of National Fellowships, 207 Hood House, Phone # 862-0733. The online link is http://www.unh.edu/fellowships-office/scholarships-available
- Tuesday Brown Bag lunches are held in the Memorial Union Building (MUB) from noon-1:30pm each week for all military and veteran students. Please Join Us!! When available, UNH game tickets are available at these weekly luncheons. All military affiliated or veteran students and friends are welcome. These lunches are only cancelled if the University officially curtails operations. Call 862-0911 or 862-3480 for info.
- **2nd Annual Family Weekend/UNH Student Veterans Golf Tourney, Now Scheduled for Friday September 25th, 8am registration. Where: A Course to be determined. The tournament benefits the UNH Student Armed Forces Ass'n and Operation Hat Trick-both providing assistance to student veterans, regional veterans and their families. Entry fee $125/per person includes continental breakfast, greens fees, cart, lunch and prizes. To register call Cassie O. @ 603-969-1175 or Denny Byrne @ 603-862-0911 or follow this link to register online:https://www.events.unh.edu/RegistrationForm.pm?event_id=17613
Students are Welcome and scholarships are available. This tournament is open to all university and non university participants, veterans, friends and the public.
- UNH Library has many books and videos regarding military and veterans topics available for your review...follow this link to see what is available: http://unh.edu/veterans/unh-library-veteranmilitary-booksmedia-available...
- More Great opportunities and information for veterans can be found here
- Getting Started
- UNH Resources
- UNH Benefits Request for Certification
- Career & Educational Info
- Veterans Services Links