Ryan Pitts, Medal of Honor Recipient and UNH Alumnus, Speaker 2015 Commencement, May 16, 2015 at 10:00 A.M., Memorial Field
Commencement 2015 is almost upon us. Student veterans or military connected students are welcome to stop by and pick up a red, white and blue honor cord to wear during the ceremony. Please pick them up at Thompson Hall room 102, or Stoke Hall room 128 and Thompson School students can get one from Cynthia Giguere in the main office.
Special Events and Information
- VET Connect Orientation - August 26 and 27, 2015! Registration link is: https://www.events.unh.edu/RegistrationForm.pm?event_id=17960 if you'd like more information about the two day orientation, please follow this link.
- In Their Boots! July 13, 2015 at the Manchester VA - join us as we "walk in their boots" to learn about real Veteran experiences. Register with Kristin Maxwell OEF/OIF/OND Program Manager, 624-4366 ext 6483.
- Want to see what educational or vocational benefits are available from the VA? Check out Explore VA Educational Benefits by going to the following website: 'http://explore.va.gov/education-training'
- Camp Resilience-Veteran Equine Retreat; Friday June 26th-Monday June 29th. Where: Lakes Region Riding Academy, 26 Youngs Rd., Gilford, NH. This program is free to Veterans and is co-facilitated by a former Navy Seal and a national team of experts with knowledge about combat trauma and reintegration issues. For more information contact Kurt Webber @ firstname.lastname@example.org or call (603) 520-3989 or call our office at 862-0911.
- Wednesday Brown Bag lunches are held in the Memorial Union Building (MUB), Rm 321 from 11:30 -1:00pm (beginning Sept. 2, 2015) each week for all military and veteran students. Please Join Us!! When available, UNH game tickets are available at these weekly luncheons. All military affiliated or veteran students and friends are welcome. These lunches are only cancelled if the University officially curtails operations. Call 862-0911 or 862-3480 for info.
- First Annual Family Weekend/UNH Student Veterans Golf Tourney, Now Scheduled for Friday September 25th, 8am registration. Where: Pease Golf Course. The tournament benefits the UNH Student Armed Forces Ass'n and Operation Hat Trick-both providing assistance to student veterans, regional veterans and their families. Entry fee $100/per person ($90/students) includes continental breakfast, greens fees, cart, lunch and prizes. To register call Cassie O. @ 603-969-1175 or Denny Byrne @ 603-862-0911 or follow this link to register online:https://www.events.unh.edu/RegistrationForm.pm?event_id=17613
Students are Welcome and scholarships are available. This tournament is open to all university and non university participants, veterans, friends and the public.
- UNH Library has many books and videos regarding military and veterans topics available for your review...follow this link to see what is available: http://unh.edu/veterans/unh-library-veteranmilitary-booksmedia-available...
- More Great opportunities and information for veterans can be found here
- Getting Started
- UNH Resources
- UNH Benefits Request for Certification
- Career & Educational Info
- Veterans Services Links