UNH Veterans & Family Weekend
Golf Tournament - October 24th, 2014
More details and a link to Register will be
Gary Jordan, What Happens After Graduation? A Followup on Gary Jordan
What Happens After Graduation? A year later we caught up with Gary Jordan and found he had just been accepted into a PhD program.
Gary was a student at UNH in 2011-2012. He graduated with a BS in Economics and has gone on to apply for a PhD program and was recently accepted. He’ll be attending the University of Buffalo concentrating on Economic Geography, International Business, and World Trade. Gary doesn’t tend to do things half way so while he begins work on the PhD he will also be a Teaching Assistant for a course on the Geography of World Commerce. His two masters degrees, Economics and Business Administration will complement this program.
When asked what his long term goals are: Gary says he would “like to teach at the college level and would love to get back to West Point someday”.
Upcoming Events and Useful Information
- 1st Annual Family Weekend/UNH Student Veterans Golf Tourney, October 24 (Friday), 8am registration. Where: Nippo Lake Golf Club, Barrington, NH. The tournament benefits the UNH Student Armed Forces Ass'n and Operation Hat Trick-both providing assistance to student veterans and regional veterans and their families. Entry fee $100/per person includes continental breakfast, greens fees, cart, lunch and prizes. Students Welcome!! Sponsorships are available. To register call Chris P. @ 941-494-8555 or Cassie O. @ 603-969-1175 or Denny Byrne @ 603-862-0911. On-line registration will begin in Sept-will be posted here later this month (August).
- Welcome and Orientation for New/Transfer Student Veterans & other Non Traditional Students - TODAY (August 28th) from 3:45-6pm. This event will be held in MUB room 338/340, but requires early registration. Click on the following link for all Commuter and Non-Traditional student events coming up that you might want to attend. The Veterans Welcome and Orientation evening event is the "Orientation for Grown Ups". Please come out and join us!
- The Marine Leadership Scholar Program is available to all Marines seeking access to higher education. Contact the following link for information: www.leadershipscholarprogram.com/maredu
- Join us for the continuation of the Brown Bag lunch series, beginning Thursday, September 4, at noon in Rm 233 of the MUB...see you then.
- Interested In, or Looking for Engl 501 for the Fall Semester 2014??? Look no further. Writing The War Experience, Engl 501-04 is being offered this next fall semester, M&W from 2:40p-4pm. Veterans are encouraged to look into this unique writing/learning opportunity!
- Military and Veteran Student Mentor Program
- Interested in the Yellow Ribbon Program?
(limited seats available to UNH Durham and UNH-M students,
email Karina Locke for more information)
- UNH Library has many books and a video regarding military and veterans topics available for your review...follow this link to see what is available: http://unh.edu/veterans/unh-library-veteranmilitary-booksmedia-available...
- More Great opportunities and information for veterans can be found here
- NH House Bill 624 Approved - follow this link for more details - HB 624
- Getting Started
- VA Benefits
- UNH Benefits Request for Certification
- Career & Educational Info
- Veterans Services Links