November 2, 9:30 to 4:30
Ironstone Farm is offering a Free Equine
Facilitated learning retreat.
If Interested email
Evan Bruno, Evan Bruno (Political Science/Italian Studies) will travel to Italy aided by a Foundation for Global Scholars (Veterans Category) award.
Winner of the Study Abroad Scholarship Evan will be traveling to Italy in September and staying for the year. Evan is a self designed Italian Studies/Political Sceince major, an Army National Guard veteran and has spent time working in the Veterans Services office in Stoke Hall helping other students like himself get signed up for the GI Bill, Tuition Waivers and acclimating the the UNH community.
Special Events and Information
- Global Scholars Award - Deadline for applications is November 21st for study abroad in Spring 2015. Email Jeanne.Sokolowski@unh.edu for more information.
- UNH VETERANS!! The VA will have a representative here at UNH on Friday November 14th from 9am-4pm available for your information/service. Please call Karen Gilbert (2-3480) or email her for an appointment. This service is brought to you by your Military & Veteran Service office.
- Thursday Brown Bag lunches are held in the Memorial Union Building (MUB) from noon-1:30pm each week for all military and veteran students . This Thursday, Oct 23rd we have two guests-Home Base from Boston will be here, and a brief announcement about the availability to all veteran students to "Spend a Day with a Horse" (November 2). Please Join Us!! When available, football and hockey game tickets are available at these weekly luncheons. Most weeks we will be in MUB Rm. 233 with the following exception: Thursday December 11 we will meet in the Wildcat Den on the lower level adjacent to the Pool Tables. Come and join fellow veterans for an hour of convesation and lunch. All military affiliated or veteran students and friends are welcome. These lunches are only cancelled if the University officially curtails operations. Call 862-0911 or 862-3480 for info.
- NOVEMBER 1ST IS UNH ATHLETICS "SALUTE TO SERVICE" football game vs. U Albany. The game is at 6pm and includes free tickets for any military service member or veteran and a pre-game tent catered by CHILL. Please reserve your space by emailing Melanie Newsky at 'firstname.lastname@example.org' . The Military & Veteran Service office will also have a limited number of tickets for your use as well for family or friends. Come and join the fun Saturday November 1st at 5pm, Cowell Stadium, Durham. For information call Denny (862-0911) or Karen (862-3480). See you there!
- Wednesday November 19th, we will hold the 2nd Annual Employment, Education and Resource Fair, from 11:30am-2:30pm in the Strafford Rm. of the Memorial Union Building. THE EVENT IS OPEN TO ALL MILITARY AND VETERANS ON OR OFF CAMPUS AND THEIR FAMILIES. More information on this event will be posted here by November 3rd.
- 1st Annual Family Weekend/UNH Student Veterans Golf Tourney, Scheduled for October 24 (Friday), has been postponed to May 1st. 8am registration. Where: Nippo Lake Golf Club, Barrington, NH. To register go to: https://www.events.unh.edu/RegistrationForm.pm?event_id=16916. The registration will continue to be taken, however if you wish a return due to the date change, call Denny or Cassie below. The tournament benefits the UNH Student Armed Forces Ass'n and Operation Hat Trick-both providing assistance to student veterans and regional veterans and their families. Entry fee $100/per person includes continental breakfast, greens fees, cart, lunch and prizes. Students Welcome!! Sponsorships are available. To register call Chris P. @ 910-494-8555 or Cassie O. @ 603-969-1175 or Denny Byrne @ 603-862-0911. Again the link for on-line registration is https://www.events.unh.edu/RegistrationForm.pm?event_id=16916. This tournament is open to all university and non university participants, veterans, friends and the public.
- UNH Library has many books and videos regarding military and veterans topics available for your review...follow this link to see what is available: http://unh.edu/veterans/unh-library-veteranmilitary-booksmedia-available...
- More Great opportunities and information for veterans can be found here
- Getting Started
- VA Benefits
- UNH Benefits Request for Certification
- Career & Educational Info
- Veterans Services Links