It's Commencement Time Again!
Come have your Photos taken
May 16 at 3 PM by Wildcat Statue or May 17 8 AM at Flagpole in front of Thall
Gary Jordan, What Happens After Graduation? A Followup on Gary Jordan
What Happens After Graduation? A year later we caught up with Gary Jordan and found he had just been accepted into a PhD program.
Gary was a student at UNH in 2011-2012. He graduated with a BS in Economics and has gone on to apply for a PhD program and was recently accepted. He’ll be attending the University of Buffalo concentrating on Economic Geography, International Business, and World Trade. Gary doesn’t tend to do things half way so while he begins work on the PhD he will also be a Teaching Assistant for a course on the Geography of World Commerce. His two masters degrees, Economics and Business Administration will complement this program.
When asked what his long term goals are: Gary says he would “like to teach at the college level and would love to get back to West Point someday”.
Upcoming Events and Useful Information
- May is Better Speech and Hearing Month-In recognition of your service, the Communication Sciences and Disorders Department will be offering FREE hearing screenings for UNH service members and veterans as part of this special month. WHEN: Thursday, May 1st, 2014, 9am-4pm (each screening is approximately 20 minutes); WHERE: Communication Sciences and Disorders Department, Hewitt Hall 1st Floor, UNH Durham; HOW: Call 862-2110 to reserve an appointment time (space is limited).
- ***Come and hear former Captain Luis Carlos Montalvan speak about his new book, Until Tuesday (a New York Times best seller) at the Plaistow Public Library on Sunday April 27th at 2pm. He will be accompanied by his service dog. For information contact 'email@example.com'. Until Tuesday is the inspiring true story of a war veteran, a golden retriever and how they saved each other. ***
- HOME BASE Program presents FREE Boston Duck Boat Tours for Military Service Members, Iraq & Afghanistan Veterans and their Families (up to four tix available/family are available). Sunday April 27, from 8am-11:30am is the date/time. Please contact Travis Weiner at 'firstname.lastname@example.org' for reservations. When you email for reservations please include; name of service member/veteran and their branch of service, name and ages of those in the family wishing to attend, & tell us a little bit about your deployment(s). Please plan on arriving at 8am on the 27th at the Boston Science Museum and look for the Home Base table to register. We look forward to seeing you!
- Into Running-Pack and Boots 5K road race. Armed Forces Day, May 17th at 8:30am. Where: 14 Manchester Square, Pease Tradeport. Registration at 'vetscount.org' or on site at 7:30am the day of the race.
- Interested In, or Looking for Engl 501 for the Fall Semester 2014??? Look no further. Writing The War Experience, Engl 501-04 is being offered this next fall semester, M&W from 2:40p-4pm. Veterans are encouraged to look into this unique writing/learning opportunity!
- Military and Veteran Student Mentor Program- All new students are encouraged to sign up for Spring Semester 2014
- UNH Library has many books and a video regarding military and veterans topics available for your review...follow this link to see what is available: http://unh.edu/veterans/unh-library-veteranmilitary-booksmedia-available...
- Interested in the Yellow Ribbon Program?
(limited seats available to UNH Durham and UNH-M students,
email Karina Locke for more information)
- 2013/14 Brown Bag Luncheons Will End Next Week (5/1) with a Pizza lunch... Come and Join Us in the Memorial Union Bldg (MUB). Usually in Rm 304-but check the weekly schedule on this site for the two dates ( April 17th, Rm 321) where the room will change. All veterans, Guard/Reservists and friends are invited to share time each week with each other and our staff. A great place for information and program updates. See you there!
- More Great opportunities and information for veterans can be found here