Special Events and Information
- NE Senators Call for Full Funding for the 'Beyond Yellow Ribbon Program! New Hampshire Senators, Ayotte & Shaheen and Vermont Senators Leahy & Sanders have called for continued full funding for the Beyond the Yellow Ribbon Program which connects service men and women and their families with a full range of community support including health care, marriage & financial counseling, substance abuse treatment, suicide prevention services, employment resources and educational assistance. You can always add to their voices by calling your representative and senator in support of this program.
- Scholarships for Disabled Veterans: Four scholarships for Disabled Veterans are available through the Chicago Injury Center in amounts from $250-$1000. Apply for these scholarships immediately (deadline June 1, 2015) by contacting Jeanne Sokolowski in the Office of National Fellowships, 207 Hood House, Phone # 862-0733. The online link is http://www.unh.edu/fellowships-office/scholarships-available
- Thursday Brown Bag lunches have become Tuesday Brown Bag lunches. Lunches are held in the Memorial Union Building (MUB) from noon-1:30pm each week for all military and veteran students. Please Join Us!! When available, UNH game tickets are available at these weekly luncheons. Most weeks we will be in MUB Rm. 334 with the following exception: April 7th (Rm 233). Come and join fellow veterans for an hour of conversation and lunch. All military affiliated or veteran students and friends are welcome. These lunches are only cancelled if the University officially curtails operations. Call 862-0911 or 862-3480 for info.
- 1st Annual Family Weekend/UNH Student Veterans Golf Tourney, Scheduled for May 1st. 8am registration. Where: Nippo Lake Golf Club, Barrington, NH. The tournament benefits the UNH Student Armed Forces Ass'n and Operation Hat Trick-both providing assistance to student veterans, regional veterans and their families. Entry fee $100/per person includes continental breakfast, greens fees, cart, lunch and prizes. To register call Cassie O. @ 603-969-1175 or Denny Byrne @ 603-862-0911 or follow this link to register online:https://www.events.unh.edu/RegistrationForm.pm?event_id=17613
Students are Welcome and scholarships are available. This tournament is open to all university and non university participants, veterans, friends and the public.
- UNH Library has many books and videos regarding military and veterans topics available for your review...follow this link to see what is available: http://unh.edu/veterans/unh-library-veteranmilitary-booksmedia-available...
- More Great opportunities and information for veterans can be found here
- Getting Started
- UNH Resources
- UNH Benefits Request for Certification
- Career & Educational Info
- Veterans Services Links