UNH Veterans & Family Weekend
Golf Tournament - October 24th, 2014
More details and a link to Register will be
Waiving the Residency requirement for in-state tuition for veterans HB 624, HB624
Recently the NH Legislation passed a bill waiving residency requirements for veterans attending any institution in the university system of New Hampshire. For more specifics on the bill please go to the State of New Hampshire House of Representatives website.
Upcoming Events and Useful Information
- 8th Annual Veterans Count Golf Tourney, August 19th (Tuesday), 7:30am registration. Where: Candia Woods in Candia NH. The tournament benefits the Easter Seals program-Veterans Count-providing assistance to veterans and their families. Entry fee $175/per person includes breakfast, greens fees, cart, dinner. Sponsorships are available. To register on line, visit www.eastersealsnh.org or call Michael Cormier @ 603-621-3457.
- Welcome and Orientation for New/Transfer Student Veterans & other Non Traditional Students - Thursday, August 28th from 3:45-6pm. This event will be held in MUB room 338/340, but requires early registration. Click on the following link for all Commuter and Non-Traditional student events coming up that you might want to attend. The Veterans Welcome and Orientation evening event is the "Orientation for Grown Ups". Please come out and join us!
- The Marine Leadership Scholar Program is available to all Marines seeking access to higher education. Contact the following link for information: www.leadershipscholarprogram.com/maredu
- Join us for the continuation of the Brown Bag lunch series, beginning Thursday, September 4, at noon in Rm 233 of the MUB...see you then.
- Interested In, or Looking for Engl 501 for the Fall Semester 2014??? Look no further. Writing The War Experience, Engl 501-04 is being offered this next fall semester, M&W from 2:40p-4pm. Veterans are encouraged to look into this unique writing/learning opportunity!
- Military and Veteran Student Mentor Program
- Interested in the Yellow Ribbon Program?
(limited seats available to UNH Durham and UNH-M students,
email Karina Locke for more information)
- UNH Library has many books and a video regarding military and veterans topics available for your review...follow this link to see what is available: http://unh.edu/veterans/unh-library-veteranmilitary-booksmedia-available...
- More Great opportunities and information for veterans can be found here
- NH House Bill 624 Approved - follow this link for more details - HB 624
- Getting Started
- VA Benefits
- UNH Benefits Request for Certification
- Career & Educational Info
- Veterans Services Links