Postponed!! UNH Veterans & Family Weekend
Golf Tournament now scheduled for - May 1, 2015
Details and a link to Register are now
available to the right.
Evan Bruno, Evan Bruno (Political Science/Italian Studies) will travel to Italy aided by a Foundation for Global Scholars (Veterans Category) award.
Winner of the Study Abroad Scholarship Evan will be traveling to Italy in September and staying for the year. Evan is a self designed Italian Studies/Political Sceince major, an Army National Guard veteran and has spent time working in the Veterans Services office in Stoke Hall helping other students like himself get signed up for the GI Bill, Tuition Waivers and acclimating the the UNH community.
Upcoming Events and Useful Information
- Don't forget our Thursday Brown Bag lunches held in the Memorial Union Building (MUB) from noon-1:30pm each week. Most weeks we will be in MUB Rm. 233 with the following exception: Thursday December 11 we will meet in the Wildcat Den on the lower level adjacent to the Pool Tables. Come and join fellow veterans for an hour of convesation and lunch. All military affiliated or veteran students and friends are welcome. These lunches are only cancelled if the University officially curtails operations. Call 862-0911 or 862-3480 for info.
- 1st Annual Family Weekend/UNH Student Veterans Golf Tourney, Scheduled for October 24 (Friday), has been postponed to May 1st. 8am registration. Where: Nippo Lake Golf Club, Barrington, NH. To register go to: https://www.events.unh.edu/RegistrationForm.pm?event_id=16916. The registration will continue to be taken, however if you wish a return due to the date change, call Denny or Cassie below. The tournament benefits the UNH Student Armed Forces Ass'n and Operation Hat Trick-both providing assistance to student veterans and regional veterans and their families. Entry fee $100/per person includes continental breakfast, greens fees, cart, lunch and prizes. Students Welcome!! Sponsorships are available. To register call Chris P. @ 910-494-8555 or Cassie O. @ 603-969-1175 or Denny Byrne @ 603-862-0911. Again the link for on-line registration is https://www.events.unh.edu/RegistrationForm.pm?event_id=16916. This tournament is open to all university and non university participants, veterans, friends and the public.
- The Marine Leadership Scholar Program is available to all Marines seeking access to higher education. Contact the following link for information: www.leadershipscholarprogram.com/maredu
- UNH Library has many books and a video regarding military and veterans topics available for your review...follow this link to see what is available: http://unh.edu/veterans/unh-library-veteranmilitary-booksmedia-available...
- More Great opportunities and information for veterans can be found here
- NH House Bill 624 Approved - follow this link for more details - HB 624
- Getting Started
- VA Benefits
- UNH Benefits Request for Certification
- Career & Educational Info
- Veterans Services Links