UNH Student Veteran taking advantage of the Career, Job and Resource fair by networking with various employers and sharing his resume.
Special Events and Information
- Global Scholars Award - Deadline for applications is November 21st for study abroad in Spring 2015. Email Jeanne.Sokolowski@unh.edu for more information.
- Christine Manns from the Manchester Veteran Center will be here Tuesdays, from 8:30-11am. Please call Karen for reservations or come in during the open hour each Tuesday from 10a-11am in T Hall Rm. 123.
- Join Northeast Passage for two special events to be held this December for veterans. #1 - NE Passage Adaptive Sports Grant program. Come to Fratello's Banquet Rm. in Manchester, NH (155 Dow St), 5-8pm on December 1 to see the many sports available and equipment used for the program. Event(s) #2 - Indoor Rock Climbing. December 3 from 7-9pm at the Allard Center in Goffstown, NH. or December 11 from 5-7pm at the Maine Rock Gym in Portland, ME.
Register with David Lee at email@example.com.
- Thursday Brown Bag lunches are held in the Memorial Union Building (MUB) from noon-1:30pm each week for all military and veteran students . Please Join Us!! When available, football and hockey game tickets are available at these weekly luncheons. Most weeks we will be in MUB Rm. 233 with the following exception: Thursday December 11 we will meet in the Wildcat Den on the lower level adjacent to the Pool Tables. Come and join fellow veterans for an hour of convesation and lunch. All military affiliated or veteran students and friends are welcome. These lunches are only cancelled if the University officially curtails operations. Call 862-0911 or 862-3480 for info.
- 1st Annual Family Weekend/UNH Student Veterans Golf Tourney, Scheduled for October 24 (Friday), has been postponed to May 1st. 8am registration. Where: Nippo Lake Golf Club, Barrington, NH. To register go to: https://www.events.unh.edu/RegistrationForm.pm?event_id=16916. The registration will continue to be taken, however if you wish a return due to the date change, call Denny or Cassie below. The tournament benefits the UNH Student Armed Forces Ass'n and Operation Hat Trick-both providing assistance to student veterans and regional veterans and their families. Entry fee $100/per person includes continental breakfast, greens fees, cart, lunch and prizes. Students Welcome!! Sponsorships are available. To register call Chris P. @ 910-494-8555 or Cassie O. @ 603-969-1175 or Denny Byrne @ 603-862-0911. Again the link for on-line registration is https://www.events.unh.edu/RegistrationForm.pm?event_id=16916. This tournament is open to all university and non university participants, veterans, friends and the public.
- UNH Library has many books and videos regarding military and veterans topics available for your review...follow this link to see what is available: http://unh.edu/veterans/unh-library-veteranmilitary-booksmedia-available...
- More Great opportunities and information for veterans can be found here
- Getting Started
- UNH Resources
- UNH Benefits Request for Certification
- Career & Educational Info
- Veterans Services Links