Upcoming Events and Useful Information
- Tuesday, April 15, "The Invisible War" will be available for viewing in MUB, Theater I from 6 to 8 PM
- NH Military Youth and Family Program - Purple Up!! April is the month of the Military Child and April 15th is Military Kids Celebration Day! Read More..
- Commencement Fair - April 15, 11:00 to 2:00 in the MUB, Granite State Room. Pick up your graduation cords and other important information about graduation events.
- May is Better Speech and Hearing Month-In recognition of your service, the Communication Sciences and Disorders Department will be offering FREE hearing screenings for UNH service members and veterans as part of this special month. WHEN: Thursday, May 1st, 2014, 9am-4pm (each screening is approximately 20 minutes); WHERE: Communication Sciences and Disorders Department, Hewitt Hall 1st Floor, UNH Durham; HOW: Call 862-2110 to reserve an appointment time (space is limited).
- HOME BASE Program presents FREE Boston Duck Boat Tours for Military Service Members, Iraq & Afghanistan Veterans and their Families (up to four tix available/family are available). Sunday April 27, from 8am-11:30am is the date/time. Please contact Travis Weiner at 'email@example.com' for reservations. When you email for reservations please include; name of service member/veteran and their branch of service, name and ages of those in the family wishing to attend, & tell us a little bit about your deployment(s). Please plan on arriving at 8am on the 27th at the Boston Science Museum and look for the Home Base table to register. We look forward to seeing you!
- VETERANS SEEKING EMPLOYMENT-Visit a Department of Labor (DOL) American Job Center to get started on a pathway towards your new career. You can locate American Job Centers in your area by going to www.servicelocator.org and entering your zip code. Job Centers are here to help you!
- A Reminder: As the 2014 academic year draws to a close, we remind you of the many great academic resources available to each of you. Don't hesitate to call upon CFAR, the Writing Center or any of the other UNH resources. If you need some guidance, please give us a call (2-0911 or 2-3480).
- Interested In, or Looking for Engl 501 for the Fall Semester 2014??? Look no further. Writing The War Experience, Engl 501-04 is being offered this next fall semester, M&W from 2:40p-4pm. Veterans are encouraged to look into this unique writing/learning opportunity!
- Wounded Warriors @ 45 North..."Where the Wounded Warrior Comes to Rest". A non-profit organiztion, Wounded Warriors @ 45 North provides care and rest through outdoor activities (fishing, shooting, hunting, relaxing-we also have kayaks & canoes) at no cost to the Wounded or Deployed Warrior. For more information visit their website, www.ww45.org, or call Lonn Sattler (862-1595), or Denny (862-0911)
- Military and Veteran Student Mentor Program- All new students are encouraged to sign up for Spring Semester 2014
- UNH Library has many books and a video regarding military and veterans topics available for your review...follow this link to see what is available: http://unh.edu/veterans/unh-library-veteranmilitary-booksmedia-available...
- Interested in the Yellow Ribbon Program?
(limited seats available to UNH Durham and UNH-M students,
email Karina Locke for more information)
- 2013/14 Brown Bag Luncheons ... Join us Thursday's at noon in the Memorial Union Bldg (MUB). Usually in Rm 304-but check the weekly schedule on this site for the two dates ( April 17th, Rm 321) where the room will change. All veterans, Guard/Reservists and friends are invited to share time each week with each other and our staff. A great place for information and program updates. See you there!
- More Great opportunities and information for veterans can be found here