Caroline Osteen, David Labrie, Graduation May 2013
Two of the 45 student veterans who graduated this past weekend in the UNH 143rd Commencment, Caroline Osteen and David Labrie. Both Caroline and David have put in many hours of hard work to earn their Masters in Public Administration and are proud to have completed them and happy to be moving on.
News and Helpful Information
- SPECIAL EVENT ANNOUNCEMENT! - July 17th, 2013, We hope you can join us! If you are a Veteran, National Guard or Reserve, this will be your opportunity to meet with VA and Community agents to learn more about the many services that are available to you. From 1:00 to 3:30 we will be at the UNH - Manchester campus with representatives from the VA, the Vet Centers, Portsmouth Naval Shipyard and many more. Please let us know if you plan to join us. If we have enough interest we will rent a van to take everyone over. For more information, please call Karen at 862-3480 or Denny, Ryan or Christine at 862-0911. For those interested in the Professional Development part of the event, please see the attached PDF file for our tentative agenda. Agenda
- Summer is a great time to work on scholarship applications. Check out the SMART Scholarship for Service Program: an opportunity for students pursuing a degree in STEM to receive a scholarship and be employed after graduation with the Dept. of Defense. Applications open August 1, 2013 and close December 2013. For more information go to http://smart.asee.org/about.
- Home Base Adventure Series: Pawtucket Red Sox Baseball Game and BBQ on June 27 - The Home Base Program would like to invite you (Iraq and Afghanistan Veterans and their immediate families) to our Summer 2013 Adventure Series with the Pawtucket Red Sox in Pawtucket, Rhode Island. Join us for FREE BBQ and baseball game on Thursday, June 27, 2013. The BBQ runs from 5-7 pm, opening ceremonies start at 6:15 pm and the game kicks off at 7:05 pm. Space is limited; RSVP immediately if interested. To attend, please RSVP to email@example.com by June 18. Take a look at this flyer for further info on the event.
- Veterans Airlift Command (VAC) - The VAC provides free air transportation to post 9/11 combat wounded and their families for medical and other compassionate purposes through a national network of volunteer aircraft owners and pilots.
- Want to connect with fellow servicemen/women or veterans? Try RallyPoint.com. Build your own profile and connect with those with similar interests/experiences. Connect with others of your background, build a network to discover existing/new career opportunities-or simply connect with veterans or those still serving...it can be utilized as an alternative/supplement to Linked In.
- Pease top Air Guard pick for KC - 46A tankers (see article in Fosters).
- AmeriCorps VISTA position available with UNH Cooperative Extension and Military Youth and Family Program and the NH National Guard Child and Youth Program (Concord). If interested or if you just want more information, please visit the UNH Military Youth and Family Program.
- Raytheon-SVA STEM Scholarships Available! Applications are being sought for three (3) $10,000 scholarships in Science, Technology, Engineering or Math. The deadline is July 12, 2012. Information and an application can be obtained in the following link: http://studentveterans.org/index.php/what_we_do/develop-partnerships/15-scholarships/97-raytheon-sva-scholarship.html
- Act One's presentation of Kate Wenner's play, "Make Sure It's Me" tickets available now! Call now for reservations and ticket information (603.300.2986). Free to OEF & OIF veterans, $15 to other veterans, $20 for all others. Show dates/times: June 21 & 23...times are Friday's, 8pm; Saturday's 2pm & 8pm; Sunday's 2pm & 7:30pm. Come to the West End Studio Theater, 959 Islington St., Portsmouth, NH. The play highlights five Iraq war veterans with TBI and the doctor devoted to helping them. Go to http://lesliepasternack.com for further information. Take advantage of this world premier and reserve tickets now. Although June 22nd is techinically sold out, please call to see if reservations are available.
- Interested in the Yellow Ribbon Program?
(limited seats available to UNH Durham and UNH-M students,
please email Karina Locke for more information)
- Veteran Friendly Employers in New Hampshire