With the semester's end, SHARPP's work continues

Monday, May 13, 2019

UNH student with step out sign

It has been a fantastic semester writing for this blog. I have learned so much while doing research, and I hope my articles have helped shed some light for anyone reading them. We covered everything from stalking to data to accountability to challenges for the LGBTQ+ community. All of my articles are going to remain available, so feel free to go back and review them or send them to people you know.

Being a writer for this blog has challenged me in so many ways. I delved deep into many subjects that were difficult for me to read about and describe. I spent hours at my computer, finding ways to discuss sensitive topics to which I and many others hold a personal connection. The opportunity to build my skills and learn about these issues has been invaluable.

Even though the semester is ending, SHARPP’s work will continue on. The 24-Hour Help Line at 603-862-7233 will be available all summer. You can call at any hour, and there will be a trained advocate on the other end, ready to provide free, confidential support.

A graphic with the words ask an advocate

The online Ask an Advocate is also available.If you are uncomfortable asking questions in person or over the phone, an advocate will respond to your online question.*

The SHARPP office is also available for walk-in hours. The hours will change during the summer, but the new hours will be available online. If you or someone you know is staying on campus and needs support, they should feel free to go to the office in Wolff House, next to Health & Wellness). You do not need to be in crisis to reach out to SHARPP. If you have questions or need help supporting a friend, we are available.

*Questions asked through Ask an Advocate will be answered Monday through Friday between 8:30 a.m. and 4 p.m. except when UNH is officially closed for holidays or weather emergencies. Questions submitted after 4 p.m. on Friday will receive responses the following Monday.