The Ten Initiatives: New Ventures Fund
Point Person: John Aber, university professor and provost, vice president for Academic Affairs
The New Ventures Fund will supply planning funds with which to test the academic and financial viability of bold new interdisciplinary and collaborative research, teaching, and engagement initiatives. The fund will be directed by the provost, with the advice of a faculty council.
Relevant working group reports
What's happened in the last year
The President's cabinet has pooled together funds from reserves and from small, individual strategic accounts to seed the New Ventures with a total $1 million dollars for this academic year. While this has been a one-time effort, the hope is that the success of the New Venture projects will result in repeated and continuous funding.
What's happening now and plans for the future
The provost, with the advice of the vice provosts, deans, directors, and Faculty Senate convened the New Ventures Advisory Board called for in the Strategic Plan to assist with oversight of the New Ventures Fund. This board, along with other members of the community, also populated the review panels for the competitions. The competition categories are Wonder and Innovation in Teaching, Research and Engagement Academy; and Research Leveraging Initiative.
The 2010–2011 competition is now closed. Award will be made in May.
- Academic Initiatives
- The Ten Initiatives: Commercializing UNH's Intellectual Capital
- The Ten Initiatives: Inclusive Excellence
- The Ten Initiatives: Independent Research, Scholarship, and Creative Activity
- The Ten Initiatives: Interdisciplinary Schools and Academies
- The Ten Initiatives: Internationalizing UNH
- The Ten Initiatives: Learning-Centered Environment
- The Ten Initiatives: A Learning Portal (LeaP)
- The Ten Initiatives: New Ventures Fund
- The Ten Initiatives: Partner for Life
- The Ten Initiatives: Research Leveraging
- Planning Process Archive
- Academic Plan
- Office of the President
- Office of the Provost
- Bricks and Mortar Initiatives