Keep the social in social media. Encourage a sense of community by interacting with your audience and engage with them through your social networks. Create conversation by inviting comments and asking interesting questions, posting unique photos, and delivering quality stories.
- Share useful information and links.
- Follow back, especially your fans and interesting people within your field or relevancy.
- Blog often. The more original content you create, the more often your readers will interact.
- Participate in networking events both online and offline. Appearing offline can help you connect with people and prove you’re not a robot, but someone that connects with his or her audience.
- Don’t judge or condemn other people. Be respectful, accepting feedback and criticism with respect.
- Interact with your audience. Create a conversation. Ask questions. Be engaging!
- Blogging or tweeting as a professional or for your company? Don’t let personal opinions get in the way. Be professional and let your fans comment or help steer the conversation. See your company’s social media policy for more information.
- Share photos, videos, and links to relevant stories in the news, along with your originalcontent. It makes you more rounded and can help build your audience.
- When tweeting, use a #hashtag about your topic and when appropriate, incorporate the @twitterhandle of the person you’re tweeting about. This will help provide better search results and alert fellow tweeps that you’ve mentioned them.
Questions? Email Jason