Your Rights at SHARPP
SHARPP provides services to victims/survivors of sexual violence, domestic violence and stalking regardless of gender, age, health status (including HIV-positive), physical, mental, emotional ability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or expression, socio-economic status, race national origin, immigration status, or religious or political affiliation.
- You have to right to culturally competent services that respect you and your personal values and opinions;
- You have the right to make your own decisions within the rules and policies of SHARPP;
- You have the right to know and understand all of the rules and policies of SHARPP by which you must abide;
- You have to right to respectful treatment of confidential information. All information and records pertaining to you will be kept confidential in accordance with NH RSA 173-C;
- You have the right to access to your individual records;
- You have the right to give input and feedback on any or all aspects of SHARPP’s Programs and services. You have a right to a response to your input and feedback.
SHARPP Grievance Procedure
If you have complaints concerning SHARPP services, you may:
- Discuss your concerns with the advocate or staff member with whom you have been working;
- If you are dissatisfied with the response or would prefer not to speak with the person directly, you may request a meeting with SHARPP’s Director, Amy Culp (Amy.Culp@unh.edu).
- If you are uncomfortable approaching the Director of SHARPP or you are not satisfied with the outcome of this meeting, you may request a meeting with the Vice President of Student and Academic Services, Mark Rubinstein (firstname.lastname@example.org). The Vice President can assist you with preparing a written complaint to be sent to the Director of SHARPP and/or the SHARPP Advisory Board;
- If the nature of the complaint is illegal behavior, you have the right to file a police report or take civil action.
- About Us
- Getting Help
- YOU CAN HELP
- Requesting a Program
- Incoming Students & Families
- Faculty & Staff
- Info on...