Impact Your Community…For Course Credit!
Become a SHARPP Peer Advocate.
Fall 2014 Advocate Training class will take next September.
Are you interested in becoming a SHARPP Peer Advocate? SHARPP will be offering course credit for the Peer Advocate training. For additional information and/or to schedule an initial meeting, please contact Amy Culp by phone (603) 862-3494 (email@example.com)
The SHARPP Peer Advocate class is now listed as:
CSL 404 : Managing Change and Conflict in Communities
- Class time is Monday and Wednesday: 9:40am-11:00am in the MUB
- Class is taught by Associate Professor Kate Hanson and SHARPP Interim Director/ Direct Services Coordinator Amy Culp
- Permission is required. To register for this class, you must set up an initial meeting with Amy Culp. Please email Amy at Amy.Culp@unh.edu to set up this interview. Amy is available Monday - Thursday, 8:30- 4:00pm, for interviews.
Title of Job:
SHARPP Peer Advocate
The mission of a SHARPP peer advocate is to provide advocacy and crisis intervention for survivors of recent, past or attempted sexual assault, child sexual assault, incest, intimate partner violence, stalking, sexual harassment and their allies. Additionally, advocates will work to prevent and eliminate sexual/intimate partner violence in the UNH community.
- To be on-call a minimum of 3 shifts/semester
- To offer crisis intervention to survivors and allies
- To arrange appropriate referrals/transferrals
- To provide adequate follow-up to survivors and allies
- Attend/participate in 2 special events/programs per semester
- Complete advocacy training (WS 797 for credit or non-credit)
- Complete on-going/in-service training
- Make a minimum of full academic year commitment
- Attend volunteer staff meetings
- Must be a registered UNH student, faculty or staff member
- Must be committed to SHARPP mission & philosophy
SHARPP is located on the UNH campus and housed at 2 Pettee Brook Lane in Wolff House.
Advocates are directly responsible to the SHARPP Direct Services Coordinator.
- Valuable work experience
- Job recommendations
- Provides extensive skill development
- Valuable contacts with the community and campus
- About Us
- Getting Help
- YOU CAN HELP
- Requesting a Program
- Incoming Students & Families
- Faculty & Staff
- Info on...