Grant Program Guidelines & Criteria
Deadline: Thursday, November 6, 2014 at 4 pm - deliver to Elliott Alumni Center.
Applicants must submit 11 sets of the application & proposal, by 4 pm of the deadline date.
A maximum of 3 pages in addition to the 2 page application will be allowed.
Late and Online submissions will not be accepted.
Students seeking support from the UNH Parents Association for grants must complete the UNH Parents Association Grant Application Form and supply no more than 3 additional pages for the proposal requested. Applicants must use our application which must be typed and filled out completely. Please submit 11 sets of the application and proprosal.
- Your proposal must address the UNH Parents Association Grant Criteria listed below.
- The proposal must be detailed including a budget outlining specific proposed expenditures.
- The proposal must include a list of all sources of support, financial and non-financial, and a specific dollar amount requested from the UNH Parents Association.
- Please include any pertinent information that you would like the UNH Parents Association Grant Committee to know about your group and its purpose.
- Currently enrolled UNH students, UNH student groups may apply for proposed grants.
- Students requesting grants must seek the approval of their appropriate Dean or Department Chair to provide an administrative recommendation as a sponsor. Sponsors must sign and comment on the proposal being submitted.
The UNH Parents Association Grant Committee will meet in December 2014 to review and recommend awards for approval by the UNH Parents Council at their December meeting.
The UNH Parents Association Grant Committee will be considering the following in evaluating submitted proposals:
- Overall quality and merit of proposal, how it affects students, UNH and the University Community.
- The number of students and other campus community members that will be directly and indirectly impacted by your proposal.
- Specific efforts to bring the program or program results back to UNH and the University Community.
- Benefits to scholarship and/or student learning and/or enhancement of the quality of UNH, and the University Community.
- Long term impact of the proposal for the students, UNH and the University Community.
- Feasibility of accomplishing stated goals within the proposed time frame.
- Serious efforts to obtain alternative / additional means of support for your proposal.
The UNH Parents Association Grant Awards are given only to proposals that are intended to have an impact on the University Community and not typically undertaken by the University itself. Awards are often seed money or matching money for projects. The UNH Parents Association Grant Awards are not meant to be a constant funding source. Since money for these awards is funded by endowments with gifts from UNH Durham undergraduate parents, the awards are geared towards the UNH Durham undergraduate community.
Additional Grant Program notes: Grant awards may not be used to fund salaries or stipends. Travel expenses will only be considered if the proposal project will bring a benefit back to the UNH Community. The UNH Parents Association Grant Committee may decide to only award partial funding for a particular proposal.
Proposal writers will want to attend one of the Grant Writing Workshops offered by the UNH Parents Association for more information about the grant process. Refer to the website for Grant Writing Workshop dates in October, 2014.
- About Us
- Family Weekend
- Scholarship Program
- Grant Program
- Parents Resource Guide
- Off the Beaten Path - Central UNH Campus Tour Guide
- Off the Beaten Path - Extended UNH Campus Tour Guide
- Off the Beaten Path - Regional Tour Guide
- Student Links
- Community Links
- Academics / Administration
- Study Abroad
- Memorial Union Building Resources
- Parents Portal
- Financial Aid
- Business Office
- Counseling Center
- Health Services
- UNH Police / Roam Secure sign up
- Make a Gift