UNH Parents Council Committees
The Parents Council has 4 Standing Committees, some of which have subcommittees. Each member of the Council is expected to serve on a Standing Committee, but may also join a Subcommittee. Standing Committee meetings take place during each of the 4 yearly Parents Council meetings. Most of the work for each of these committees is done during these meetings. Participation in the Grant or Scholarship Committees does require reading applications and attending a separate meeting.
- Finance & Administration Committee
- Communications Committee
- Programming Committee
- University Relations Committee
Finance & Administration / Philanthropy Committee
- The Finance and Administration Committee consists of the President, President-Elect, Treasurer, the Grant & Scholarship Subcommittee Chairs and other interested Council members. The committee is responsible for keeping the Council goals and budget for the year on track. They review the status of Parents Association endowment funds. They also assist in outreach efforts to engage all parents in philanthropic activities. Encouraging parents to serve as volunteers or assist in supporting the fundraising efforts of UNH.
- The Grant Subcommittee is comprised of the President, the President-Elect, and the Treasurer as well as eight other members of the Parents Council who have served a minimum of one year on the Parents Council as active and participatory members. The Grant Subcommittee is responsible for making funding recommendations through the Parents Association Grant process. The Grant Subcommittee submits its recommendations for grant awards to the Parents Council for final approval.
- The Communications Committee works with the Director to keep all the Parents Association publications and website informational and up-to-date. Parents on this committee provide suggestions for stories and other information that is pertinent to parents and their students from academic support services, scholarship and research opportunities, to health and safety issues, etc.
- The Membership Subcommittee supports the membership levels of the Parents Council and helps to recruit new members for the Parents Council. The Membership Subcommittee contacts new applicants and outlines the requirements of membership on the Council to assure that the Council has an active and participating membership.
- The Scholarship Subcommittee is responsible for two (2) tuition scholarship programs. These programs are:
The UNH Parents Association Endowment Scholarship Program, are need-based scholarships.
The UNH Parents Association Endowment Scholarship Program has its own application and criteria process established by Memorandum of Understanding with the UNH Foundation. Applications are submitted directly to the Parents Association office. Scholarship applications are considered by the entire Scholarship Committee. Funding for these tuition scholarships comes from the earnings of the UNH Parents Association Scholarship Endowment fund which is paid out yearly.
UNH Parents Association Student Awards, are merit-based scholarships.
The UNH Parents Association Student Awards program awards $1,500 tuition scholarships to 2 students each year. Students are nominated by the University Faculty & Staff for these awards. Funding for these awards comes from current yearly income to the Parents Association.
- The Programming Committee helps the Director in the planning and execution of Family Weekend, and segments of UNH College Open Houses and June Orientations. Programming for these events is aimed at welcoming and connecting parents of current and potential UNH students to join in all the academic, cultural and social opportunities available at UNH.
University Relations Committee
- The University Relations Committee coordinates liaisonships with student services departments which desire better communications, interactions, feedback and input from members of the Parents Council. Members report back to the Council prior to each meeting with a written report to keep the entire Council up-to-date on these departments. Some of these reports are used in our emails to all UNH parents.
- The Admissions Subcommittee works with the Parents Association Director in assisting the UNH Admissions department, helping to promote UNH to potential UNH Students.
Parents Association Representative for the UNH Alumni Association Board
- The Council provides a parent/alumni representative to the Alumni Board to keep the lines of communication open and to work on joint projects.
- About Us
- Family Weekend
- Scholarship Program
- Grant Program
- Parents Resource Guide
- Academic Year Calendar for Parents
- Off the Beaten Path - Central UNH Campus Tour Guide
- Off the Beaten Path - Extended UNH Campus Tour Guide
- Off the Beaten Path - Regional Tour Guide
- Student Links
- Community Links
- Academics / Administration
- Study Abroad
- Memorial Union Building Resources
- Parents Portal
- Financial Aid
- Business Office
- Counseling Center
- Health Services
- UNH Police / Roam Secure sign up
- Make a Gift