June First-Year Orientation Leader (OL) - Staff Information
Congratulations. You have been hired as an OL.
Meet at Hood House
You will return to campus by 3:30 PM
Complete this information sheet, if you have not yet
- If you have never received a paycheck from UNH, you need to complete an I-9 and W-4 by May 10.
- Come to the First Year Programs, Hood 111, to complete with
Photo ID (driver’s license or UNH ID) and Social Security card or birth certificate
- Cars: If you are bringing a car, please notify us. You will need summer Parking Services permit.
- Mail: Contact Granite Square Station to keep your mailbox active until the end of June
- Housing: You will be assigned a single room in Stoke Hall
- Things to bring for June: see below
When you come
- Check-In: Sunday, May 24, 2015, 12:00-2:00 PM. Stoke Hall.
- Check-Out: Friday, June 19, 2015 at 12:00 PM.
- Memorial Day: May 25, 2015. We will be at the Ropes Course, Browne Center. It’s a work day.
- Training Week: May 25-29, 2015. This is a full week of activities, including Wednesday. You will be attending meetings, touring the campus, making posters, etc. during the day and evenings. There will be enough free time to run, bike, nap, etc. but your days will be full. You are expected to participate in all the training week activities.
- June sessions: June 1-2, 4-5, 8-9, 11, 15-16, 18. During session, we work all the time. This means no visits from friends.
- Wednesdays and Weekends: We will be planning group activities on these days. We want your help in planning them. We expect you to stay on campus even if you do not participate. However things do come up, please talk with the Senior Staff beforehand.
- Hamel Center: You will have access to the Center during the month of June.
- Pay: You will receive two paychecks during June. If you have worked for UNH before, your check will go to the last place you received it. If you are new to the payroll, it will go the First Year Programs, Hood 111. You may complete a payroll distribution form that will direct your paycheck to any address you wish. We have them in Hood 111.
- Rules and Regulations: While living in the residence hall for June Orientation, you are subject to the University's rules. In addition, use and/or possession of alcohol or any prohibited drug in the residence hall and at anytime during orientation sessions will result in immediate dismissal and forfeiture of your position and your pay. Also, if you encounter problems with the conduct system and/or are arrested between being hired and June Orientation, you lose your opportunity to be an Orientation Leader.
- *Alarm clock
- Shorts for orientation sessions (appropriate length)
- Sleeping bag
- Pillow and pillow case
- One "nice" outfit
- Cooking utensils, if you have them
- Plate, knife, fork, spoon, cup
- Bathing suit
- Closed toed shoes
- Water bottle
- Rain jacket/umbrella
- First Year Students
- Transfer Students
- Pre-Orientation Programs
- Orientation Leaders
- Campus & Area Resources