June First-Year Orientation Leader (OL)
Applications due by February 13
Serving as a June Orientation Leader (OL) is an opportunity support the transition of new students to UNH while developing leadership skills and having fun, too. Orientation leaders must be enrolled in an undergraduate degree program at UNH. Applicants must have been first year students at UNH and be in good academic (2.5 cum. GPA, preferred) and social (no conduct serious sanctions and/or arrests) standing.
- Being responsible for a floor of, on average, 30 new first year students during each session.
- Sharing the University’s academic and social expectations.
- Knowing University resources, important to new students and their families.
- Reaching out to first year students and their parents and helping them anticipate the changes ahead.
- Planning presentations and speaking to groups of first year students and their families.
- Performing specific tasks such as giving directions, making signs and posters, conducting campus tours, running errands, greeting people, staffing check-in, etc.
- Assisting students with academic advising and registration.
- Working to improve the program throughout the month.
Attend all staff meetings and training sessions:
- First Meeting: tba
- Staff Retreat Dinner: Friday, April 10, 2015 at 6:00 PM
- Staff Retreat: Saturday, April 11, 2015 at 9:00 AM
- Staff Training Week: May 25-29, 2015, including Memorial Day
- Participate in the program on a fulltime basis from Sunday, May 24, 2015 (staff move-in) until Friday, June 19, 2015 (staff move-out). During this period, you may not hold another job nor attend summer school.
- While living on campus for June Orientation, you are subject to all University's rules. In addition, use and/or possession of alcohol or any prohibited drug in the residence hall and at anytime time during orientation sessions will result in immediate dismissal and forfeiture of pay.
Salary for this position is $800 plus campus housing and meals from Sunday, May 24, 2015- Friday, June 19, 2015.
- First Year Students
- Transfer Students
- Pre-Orientation Programs
- Orientation Leaders
- Campus & Area Resources