Undergraduate Prospective Scholars
- Must be a Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) major
- Good academic standing at UNH
- Must be at least second semester sophomore (57 or more credits by end of Spring 2012)
Seniors – Take GREs and apply for graduate admission to either the Master of Arts in Teaching or the Master of Education (Feb. 1 deadline). Check out the UNH Graduate School website for more details and for the application. You will also need to complete the Noyce Scholarship application (downloadable below) and submit by November 1 or March 1.
Sophomores/Juniors – Complete the Noyce Scholarship application (see details below) and submit it by November 1 or March 1.
Freshmen/Sophomores – 2012 summer fellowship opportunities
All undergraduates should contact the UNH Noyce Scholarship Program advisors listed under the "Contact Us" link, above.
Application and Selection Process
- Apply to the UNH Noyce Scholarship Program (download Noyce Scholarship application [pdf]) --
- November 1 and March 1 deadlines -- Applications should be delivered to the Leitzel Center office, Parsons Hall, Room N117
- Read the Noyce Applicant Review Criteria:
- Grade point average, especially grades in STEM major and education courses.
- Well written personal statement that displays passion for STEM discipline and teaching, a disposition to care for students, willingness to take initiative, and understanding of the characteristics of a good teacher.
- Letters of recommendation depict STEM ability, responsibility, reliability, leadership, previous success when working with children, good communication skills, intellectual curiosity, and willingness to use criticism to improve.
- Successful experience working with children and teaching colleagues as demonstrated in Education 500 "Exploring Teaching" or an equivalent experience.
- Financial need and/or underrepresented status of the applicant in STEM education.
- HAND DELIVERED APPLICATIONS SHOULD GO TO THE LEITZEL CENTER IN PARSONS HALL (NOT NESMITH HALL as stated on application form)