Home | Campus Journal Archive | Manage Your Subscription | Contact Campus Journal | Media Relations

UNH IT Service Desk Answers Questions

Print this article Print
Email this

Each month Signals answers questions submitted to the UNH IT service desk. Here are a few recent queries.

Q: I would like to setup automatic email replies. How do I set them using Outlook 2010?

A: To setup Automatic Replies in Outlook 2010:

  1. Open Outlook 2010.
  2. Go to ‘file’ and highlight ‘info.’
  3. Click on ‘automatic replies (out of office).
  4. Select the ‘send automatic replies’ button.
  5. Set the time range during which you would like the replies to be sent. This can be done well in advance of the actual time you will be out of the office.
  6. Click on the ‘inside my organization’ tab.
  7. Customize your message.
  8. Click OK.

Note: For security purposes, UNH IT advises against sending automatic replies outside of the organization.

Q: I recently got married and would like to update my information in the Exchange Global Address Listing (GAL) and the online faculty/staff directory. How can I do this?

A: To change your information in the GAL, contact the UNH IT Service at 2-4242 and let them know exactly what you would like changed. After your identity is verified, the service desk will forward the request to the Exchange administrators, who will make the change.

To update your information in the faculty/staff directory, as noted on the directory website:

Faculty, faculty emeriti or staff who wish to change or correct their records in the directory have three options:

  1. Send an email that specifies the required change to banner.hr.office@unh.edu.
  2. Mail the requested change to Human Resources, 2 Leavitt Lane, Attn: employee records
  3. Fax the requested change to a confidential, dedicated fax line at Human Resources: 2-0517.

Human Resources provides a contact (local address form) for your convenience, though its use is not required.

Q: I have a Windows 7 64-bit computer and use Internet Explorer, and some websites don’t function or display as expected. Can you help?

A: Some websites require a 32-bit browser. Windows 7 64-bit computers come with two versions of Internet Explorer (32 and 64-bit). To connect using IE 32-bit:

  1. Go to the start menu.
  2. In the ‘search programs and files box,’ type ‘Internet.’
  3. Choose the version of Internet Explorer that does not have a (64bit).

Call the IT service desk with questions at 2-4242 or submit a question online at itsupport.unh.edu/help. You just might see your question in next month’s Signals.