School Supplies Being Collected for St. Charles Children's Home
University Advancement has launched a school supplies drive that will benefit students living at the St. Charles Children's Home in Rochester.
Donations can be left in the collection boxes at the Elliot Alumni Center, the New England Center (one on each floor) and the Field House before Aug. 13.
Cash donations also are accepted. See Robin Heiser in the Alumni Center.
Supplies in need include:
- Gel pens (assorted colors)
- Soft covered composition books that have the dotted line through the space
- Boxes of the thicker magic markers washable
- Low/no odor dry erase (fat ones)
- Glue sticks (a lot)
- Scissors w/rounded blades at the tip
- Kleenex easier for kids to carry small square boxes
- Colored pencils
- Small scotch tapes
- Two boxes (not for each child, just total) of clear sleeves for teacher directions for their loose leaf binders
- Erasable ink pens w/eraser on the end
- Two boxes of the plastic zip-lock bags that are the size bigger than gallon they need to fit a folder inside (paper folders not loose leaf folders)
- Art pads (drawing pads)
- Flexible rulers, not wooden rulers
- Pocket folders (different colors)
- Three- ring binders (1 inch not zippered kind)
- Cloth stretchable book covers
- Index cards (3x5)
- Pencil sharpeners (ones that hold the shavings)
- Plastic containers that hold the pencils, pens, crayons, etc.
- Staplers and staples (not for each child, just 2-3 total staplers for the house)
- Three-hole punched 8-1/2 x 11 lined loose notebook paper