UNH Recognizes Faculty Excellence
May 25, 2011
Nineteen faculty members have been honored for excellence in teaching, research and public service at the University of New Hampshire. Nominated by their colleagues and students, winners of the annual Excellence awards represent every school and college within the university.
This year's university-wide winners are:
- Sarah Stitzlein, education, Outstanding Assistant Professor Award
- Serita Frey, natural resources and the environment, Outstanding Associate Professor Award
- Nancy Kinner, civil engineering, Distinguished Professor Award
- Lee Seidel, health management and policy, Jean Brierley Teaching Award
- Andrew Conroy, Thompson School of Applied Sciences, Alumni Association Excellence in Public Service Award
- Barbara Frankel, family studies, Award for Excellence in Public Service
- Kelley Thomas, molecular, cellular and biomedical sciences, Excellence in Research Award
- Michael Gass, kinesiology, Excellence in International Engagement
- Graduate Faculty Mentor, J. William Harris, professor of history
- Judy Sharkey, associate professor of education, President���s Excellence through Diversity Faculty Award
The following individuals received awards of excellence in college teaching:
- Thomas D. Birch, professor of economics, UNH Manchester
- Rosemary Caron, associate professor of health management and policy, College of Health and Human Services
- Michelle Scott, professor of zoology, College of Life Sciences and Agriculture
- Andrew Conroy, professor of applied animal science, Thompson School of Applied Science
- William Johnson, assistant professor of accounting and finance, Whittemore School of Business & Economics
- Gordon Kraft, professor of electrical and computer engineering, College of Engineering and physical sciences
- Deborah Kinghorn, associate professor, theatre and dance, College of Liberal Arts
- Clark Knowles, senior lecturer, English, College of Liberal Arts
- Michael Middleton, associate professor, education, College of Liberal Arts
We welcome your story ideas, letters, photos,
notable events, achievements, obituaries and/or memorium.
If you would like to submit an item, please contact the Editor at 862-1567.
Deadline for submissions is Tuesdays at 4 pm.