Reminder: No Parking on Move-In Day, Aug. 26
Move-in day for first-year students is Friday, Aug. 26. UNH police are recommending that those who can work off campus that day, particularly in the morning, do so. If you do need to be on campus, here are some of the mechanics of traffic control and parking charges for the day (beginning the night before on Aug. 25) that will affect both travel time and parking on campus. These include:
Lots closed: A, B, C, D, E, E-1, F, H and U lots; Strafford Lot, Elizabeth Demerit House Lot, All Brook Way lots (behind Stoke Hall, Stillings Dining Hall, Jessie Doe Hall), Ballard Loop, SERC Demerit Circle.
Roadways closed: Commons Way, Quad Way, South Drive
Roadways with traffic pattern changes: Academic Way from the intersection with Quad Way northwest to McDaniel Drive; Library Way from College Road to Colovos Road; Waterworks Road from Colovos Road to South Drive.
These lots and roadways will all re-open after 3 p.m. Friday to standard parking rules. In addition:
- Forest Park South Lot parkers will be relocated to Lot F from Thursday night Aug. 25, after 6 p.m. until Sunday, Aug. 28, after 4 p.m.
- E/E1 parkers will be relocated to Lot A from Thursday Aug. 25 after 6 p.m. until Friday Aug. 26 after 4 p.m.
- Parking for faculty/staff will be limited to those lots not listed above.
- Additional alternate parking for faculty and staff on Friday, Aug. 26 (without shuttle transportation) will be available at the Oyster River Middle School.
- All university owned vehicles must be relocated from the above parking lots by 6 p.m. on Thursday night Aug. 25.
Vehicles will be towed from the above designated parking lots starting at 5 a.m. Friday, Aug. 26, and on Sunday morning Aug. 28.