Green Launching Pad to Conduct Statewide 'Energetic Conversations' Tour
By Lori Wright, Media Relations
October 20, 2010
The Green Launching Pad (GLP) announces a month-long series of programs and events showcasing green innovation and entrepreneurship in the state.
First up is a statewide reach-out program called “Energetic Conversations” that connects the five winning GLP clean technology startup companies with local New Hampshire communities. The tour schedule includes:
- Revolution Energy of Dover will present at Exeter High School, Oct. 19, 2010, 11 a.m. To register, visit http://revolutionenergy.eventbrite.com/.
- INNOVACENE of Durham will present at the University of New Hampshire’s Kingsbury Hall Oct. 20, 2010, 1:30 pm. To register, visit http://innovacene.eventbrite.com/.
- Green Clean Heat LLC will present at its headquarters in Newton Oct. 21, 2010, 10 a.m. To register, visit http://greencleanheat.eventbrite.com/.
- EnerTrac, Inc. will present at its headquarters in Hudson Oct. 22, 2010, 10 a.m. To register, visit http://enertrac.eventbrite.com/.
- Air Power Analytics of Bedford will present at Warwick Mills in New Ipswich Oct. 25, 2010, 10 a.m. To register, visit http://airpoweranalytics.eventbrite.com/.
Throughout the Energetic Conversations tour, these GLP companies will give people an opportunity to discover their products and services, as well as learn about clean technology entrepreneurship in New Hampshire. Key elements will include:
- viewing how GLP products and services save energy and money
- meeting state agencies and energy-related partners
- welcoming prospective customers and existing customers
- discussing issues with local/state political officials
- meeting with interested consumers
- engaging students from local high schools, colleges and universities
- connecting with potential financing sources
Founded in 2010, the Green Launching Pad is a strategic partnership of UNH and New Hampshire Office of Energy and Planning, with funding from the U.S. Department of Energy (ARRA). The organization connects entrepreneurs and private industry with technical, scientific and business faculty, students and state-level resources to successfully launch and accelerate the growth of new green businesses. Five New Hampshire companies received funding in the first year of the program. The Green Launching Pad is focused on creating new energy-related jobs in the Granite State and broadening economic opportunities. To learn more about GLP, visit www.greenlaunchingpad.org.