Research Partnership Grants Offered
By Paula Pelletier, Office for Research Partnerships and Commercialization
February 17, 2010
The New Hampshire Innovation Research Center (NHIRC) at UNH is seeking proposals for its Granite State Technology Innovation Grant, which supports research partnerships for New Hampshire companies with college and university laboratories.
The grants support research projects in new technologies under development in the private sector. It is a competitive process, with oversight by representatives from industry, government and academic institutions. Projects vary from proof-of-concept to a substantial investment in engineering or process design. Companies are required to provide matching funds or services.
A nonbinding letter of intent on company letterhead is due March 1, 2010. The Request for Proposals, with topics of interest and instructions, is posted on the NHIRC website, www.nhirc.unh.edu.
Recent recipients are:
- ImmuRx, Inc. in Lebanon, with Mary Jo Turk, assistant professor, microbiology & immunology, Dartmouth College
- Itaconix LLC in Hampton Falls, with Yvon Durant, associate research professor, materials science, UNH
- M2S, Inc. in West Lebanon, with Tracy Onega, assistant professor, community and family medicine, Dartmouth College
- Presstek, Inc. in Hudson, with John Tsavalas, research assistant professor, and Donald Sundberg, emeritus professor, materials science, UNH
- Ray-Tech Infrared Corporation in Charlestown, with Jo Sias Daniel, associate professor, civil engineering, UNH
- Roy Matheson and Associates in Keene, with John Lacourse, professor, electrical & computer engineering, UNH
- Simply Green Biofuels LLC in Portsmouth, with Kevin Gardner, associate professor, civil engineering, UNH
The NHIRC is administered by the Office for Research Partnerships and Commercialization at UNH.