Nominations Sought for Annual Staff Professional Advising Award
February 18, 2009
To recognize, honor, and encourage excellence in advising by the university's professional advising staff, nominations are being solicited for the annual Staff Professional Advising Award.
Criteria for this award include:
- Engagement in activities that enhance and support academic advising at UNH
- Clear mastery of academic advising principles and techniques
- Excellence across the spectrum of academic advising responsibilities by finding workable solutions to problems, giving sound advice, providing accurate information -- in short, advising students exceptionally well
- Effective communication
- Enthusiasm for academic advising
- Genuine concern and respect for students
- Professional and ethical standards in working with students, faculty, and staff
The nomination deadline is March 6, 2009.
Nominations are invited from deans, chairs, directors, faculty, staff and current or former students. They should address the above criteria, preferably with examples. Submit to: Judy Spiller, associate provost, Academic Achievement and Support, Hood 111, firstname.lastname@example.org.
The award will be presented at the annual professional advising award luncheon on March 26.
Former recipients include Carol French (formerly CEPS), Suzanne Booska (COLSA), Carole Pierce (CHHS), Janet Tucker (formerly, DCE), Carol Sanborn (formerly UAC), Regina McCarthy (UNHM), Janice Chadwick (Psychology), Joanne Maldari (Athletics), Christine Sohl (Honors), Carol Tonge Mack (formerly, UACC), Tory Poulin (formerly, English department), Carol Swiech (UNHM), Amy Dickens (UACC), The Whittemore School undergraduate programs office (Pam Bishop, Tamara Rury, and Gail Stepina), and Paula DiNardo (NSE/Washington internship/prelaw).
For additional information, contact Judy Spiller (email@example.com).