Free H1N1 Vaccine: Availability at UNH and Local Community
December 16, 2009
Students, faculty and staff can make an appointment to receive the H1N1 vaccine at UNH Health Services through Dec.18 only by calling Health Services at 2-2856.
In addition, there will be three clinics offered in the local area by the Health and Safety Council of Strafford County:
- Monday, Dec. 14, 2009, 2:30 – 7:30 p.m., Somersworth High School (11 Memorial Drive), Somersworth
- Thursday, Dec.17, 2009, 2:30 – 7:30 p.m., Oyster River High School (55 Coe Drive), Durham
- Sunday, Dec.20, 2009, 9 a.m. – 2 p.m., Farmington High School (1 Thayer Drive), Farmington
You need to meet the following eligibility requirements to receive the vaccine at either UNH Health Services (students, faculty and staff only) or one of the local clinics:
- Anyone 6 months – 24 years of age
- Adults 25 - 64 years of age with underlying medical conditions
- Parents/caregivers of infants under 6 months of age
- Pregnant women and partners of pregnant women (Health Services will not be providing the H1N1 vaccine to pregnant women)
- Health Care Workers
The H1N1 vaccine is free.
You can obtain the H1N1 vaccine and seasonal flu vaccine during the same clinical visit at Health Services.
Students, faculty and staff can make an appointment to receive the seasonal flu vaccine at UNH Health Services during the week of Dec. 14 – 18 only by calling 2-2856.
- $18 for students who have paid the health fee
- $25 for students who have not paid the health fee
- $25 for faculty and staff