Salary Increases to Come in September Paychecks
August 8, 2007
In June, the USNH Board of Trustees approved a 4.5 percent salary increase
for all eligible non-union employees. The increase provides for a 2.5 percent
across-the-board raise and an additional 1.5 percent for merit/internal equity.
The remaining .5 percent is for market-equity.
An employee must be on the payroll at the time of distribution to receive
Employees who are not eligible for the pay increase include those:
- who resigned or retired before 6/30/07
- who have received a terminal notice
- over the new maximum for their assigned salary range
- with documented unsatisfactory performance
- on leave of absence as cited in system policy
- whose salary increases are negotiated through a
collective bargaining agreement
- who have a negotiated fy08 annual salary/hourly rate
- principal administrators whose increases are determined by the
executive committee of the board of trustees
Postdoctoral research and teaching associates are eligible to participate
in the university's annual salary increase process. The faculty mentor recommends
the amount of the salary increases consistent with UNH salary increase and external sponsor guidelines.
PAT, non-AAUP faculty, AA, and EE workers will receive the increase in their
Sept. 7 paychecks while OS employees will show up in their Sept. 14 paychecks.
The 0.5 percent market equity increase aims to address market competitiveness
and will address targeted PAT positions that are deficient by 10 percent or
more of the market and OS positions that are deficient by 5 percent.
In addition, the new fiscal year brings a change in salary grades for 64 OS and PAT positions. To see a list of the positions affected go to http://www.unh.edu/hr/pdfs/FY08-Salary-Increase-Guidelines-UNH.pdf.