ME 525 - Mechanics I
Goal: Design and build a scale to weigh a person.
Rules: Each team of 4 students will present a scale capable of weighing a person up to 300 pounds. A jury will judge and grade each entry.
- Each entry must be an original design, constructed by the team members
- Maximum allowable total weight of the scale will be 20 pounds
- The product must fit in a box 3x3x3 feet or smaller
- Maximum amount allocated for the materials to build the scale is $25.00
- Measurements must be repeatable with maximum error of 2%
- Each team submits a report detailing their work
- Teams will be selected randomly and be posted on the Blackboard
- About Us
- Undergraduate Studies
- Becoming an M.E.
- Study Abroad
- Student Handbook
- Class Projects
- Undergraduate Program
- Graduate Studies
- Faculty & Staff
- Contact Us
- Visit Us