ME 441 - Introduction to Engineering Design & Solid Modeling
This course begins with a tower building project that requires both an individual component and a team component. Students begin work on the tower individually and then are introduced to 2 or 3 teammates. A total of 60 minutes is allowed to choose the team's approach and to build the tower that is capable of supporting the class textbook for 5 seconds or more from the materials provided.
- Materials are limited to notebook paper, six drinking straws, scotch tape and staples
- The structure must fit over a 6" x 6" x 6" cube
- The paper may not be rolled into tubes with diameters between 0.5" and 5". Paper tubes smaller than 0.5" or larger than 5" are acceptable
- The structure must be high enough to hold all of the paperback textbook 12" or more above the table
- The structure must rest freely on the table. It may not be taped or attached in any way to the table
- About Us
- Undergraduate Programs
- Mechanical Engineering, B.S.
- Ocean Engineering, B.S.
- Student Resources
- Study Abroad
- Student Handbook
- Class Projects
- Graduate Programs
- Faculty & Staff
- Visit Us