The Department of Mechanical Engineering in the College of Engineering and Physical Sciences at the University of New Hampshire is the only B.S., M.S. and Ph.D. Mechanical Engineering degree-granting program in the State. The Mechanical Engineering Industrial Advisory Board endeavors to provide the Department with advice, counsel and support in its efforts to carry out this unique responsibility. The Board does so by focusing on several broad areas of activity including:
- To assist the Department in developing engineers for the 21st century by providing industrial input on such matters as curriculum relevance and graduate effectiveness.
- To assist the Department in building a network of industrial companies who will strengthen the Senior Capstone Project Program.
- Enhance the educational process by providing students with real-world work experiences through internships and other part-time and summer job opportunities.
- To assist the Department in communicating with regional industry.
Board membership shall include the Department Chair and approximately a dozen outside people representing a variety of industrial firms. Members shall be selected and appointed by the Chair for three-year terms.
The Board shall meet once a year on a schedule set by the Chair. Prior to each meeting, the Chair will issue an agenda and send it to the members. The Chair will officiate at all meetings and minutes shall be recorded. Ad hoc subcommittees may be appointed from time to time. Department faculty will be invited to attend all meetings as their time permits.
- Norris Browne, Wilton, CT (class of 1955)
- Marc Celona, Wilcox Industries, Newington, NH (class of 2004)
- Alan Enman, BAE Systems, Nashua, NH (class of 2005)
- Gary Groleau, New Hampshire Ball Bearings, Laconia, NH
- Michael Grobecker, BAE Systems, Nashua, NH (class of 2006)
- John Laymon JR, JRL Enterprises, Inc., Pittsburgh, PA (class of 1973)
- Don MacPherson, HydroComp. Inc., Durham, NH
- Tom McCallion, TechSmith Corporation, Okemos, MI (class of 1989)
- Richard Oedel, Boston, MA (class of 1976)
- Angela Pelletier, Northrop Grumman Corporation, Annapolis, MD (Class of 2003)
- Shannon Stott, Harvard Medical School, Mass Gen. Hospital, Charlestown, MA (class of 1997)
- Mike Tamasi, Boston Centerless, Woburn, MA (class of 1983)
- Hal Tugal, Vibro-Meter, Inc., Londonderry, NH
The department established its first Student Advisory Board (SAB) in the spring 2005 semester. The purpose of the Student Advisory Board is to document feedback from students for accreditation purposes as well as for the department, and to try and integrate the different classes (freshmen, sophomores, juniors and seniors). The Board convenes once per semester.
M.E. students are encouraged to contact the SAB representatives (listed below) with their concerns or comments so that they can be discussed at the semi-annual meetings.
- Sydney Michalak
- Carl Stohlberg
- Anthony Young
- Naomie Clark
- Jackie McNally
- Adam Lovell
- Paige Balcom
- Siddharth Nigam
- Aleksandra Wojtowicz
- Maura Fee
- Carolyn Przekaza
- Allen Ma
- About Us
- Undergraduate Programs
- Mechanical Engineering, B.S.
- Ocean Engineering, B.S.
- Student Resources
- Study Abroad
- Student Handbook
- Class Projects
- Graduate Programs
- Faculty & Staff
- Visit Us