The Department of Mechanical Engineering in the College of Engineering and Physical Sciences at the University of New Hampshire is the only B.S., M.S. and Ph.D. Mechanical Engineering degree-granting program in the State. The Mechanical Engineering Industrial Advisory Board endeavors to provide the Department with advice, counsel and support in its efforts to carry out this unique responsibility. The Board does so by focusing on several broad areas of activity including:
- To assist the Department in developing engineers for the 21st century by providing industrial input on such matters as curriculum relevance and graduate effectiveness.
- To assist the Department in building a network of industrial companies who will strengthen the Senior Capstone Project Program.
- Enhance the educational process by providing students with real-world work experiences through internships and other part-time and summer job opportunities.
- To assist the Department in communicating with regional industry.
Board membership includes the Department Chair and approximately a dozen outside people representing a variety of industrial firms. Members are selected and appointed by the Chair for three-year terms. The board meets once a year.
- Rob Bujeaud, Turbocam International, Barrington, NH (Class of 1987)
- Chris Chadbourne, Burndy LLC, Manchester, NH (Class of 1991)
- Alan Enman, BAE Systems, Nashua, NH (Class of 2005)
- Michael Grobecker, BAE Systems, Nashua, NH (Class of 2006)
- Reif Hammond, Goss International Americas, Inc., Durham, NH
- Michael Newsky, Pratt & Whitney, North Berwick, ME
- Richard Oedel, Boston, MA (Class of 1976)
- Angela Sarich, John Hopkins University, Laurel, MD (Class of 2003)
- William Smagula, Public Service of New Hampshire, Manchester, NH (Class of 1971)
- Shannon Stott, Dept. of Medicine, Harvard Medical School, Charlestown, MA (Class of 1997)
- Mike Tamasi, AccuRounds, Avon, MA (class of 1983)
- James Teetzel, Wilcox Industries Corp., Newington, NH
- Hal Tugal, AFLCMC/HBQB Space Fence Program, Hanscom AFB, MA (Class of 1977)
The department established its first Student Advisory Board (SAB) in the spring 2005 semester. The purpose of the Student Advisory Board is to document feedback from students for accreditation purposes as well as for the department, and to try and integrate the different classes (freshmen, sophomores, juniors and seniors). The Board convenes once per semester.
- Sydney Michalak
- Carl Stohlberg
- Anthony Young
- Naomie Clark
- Jackie McNally
- Adam Lovell
- Paige Balcom
- Siddharth Nigam
- Aleksandra Wojtowicz
- Maura Fee
- About Us
- Undergraduate Programs
- Mechanical Engineering, B.S.
- Ocean Engineering, B.S.
- Student Resources
- Study Abroad
- Class Projects
- Student Reflections
- Graduate Programs
- Faculty & Staff
- Visit Us