French/Declaring a Major
French Studies major Sarah Marcoux won an Undergraduate Research Award. Under the mentorship of Prof. Claire Malarte-Feldman, Sarah pursued research on her topic entitled "La Torture: Examining the Battle of Algiers as Human Rights Failure."
Students entering the University as first-year or transfer students may declare any of the three majors in the program as part of the Admissions process.
If you are a continuing student interested in declaring one of the majors, you would need to complete the change of program process outlined below. Students must take at least one course in their major each semester until they meet their major requirements and must spend at least one semester studying in a French-speaking country.
The change of program process
If you are currently in a major or undeclared within the College of Liberal Arts…
- Sign in to MyUNHblackboard
- Select Webcat/Services and continue to Webcat
- Select Student Services & Financial Aid
- Select Student Records
- Select Change Major/Option and follow prompts
If you are currently in a major NOT within the College of Liberal Arts…
- Obtain a paper yellow change of program form from the Registrar's Office or download one here.
- Meet with your advisor, and obtain signature and your student academic file.
- Go to your current Dean’s Office, obtain signature.
- Bring your signed form and file to our office where we will instruct you on next steps.