You can contact us by email at:
And by snail mail at:
Kappa Kappa Psi
Iota Phi - University of New Hampshire
Student Organization Room
Memorial Union Building
Durham, NH 03824
About Kappa Kappa Psi
Kappa Kappa Psi is a coed fraternity that provides service to the college and university bands. Our projects have included:
- Weekly help for our music professors
- Ushering "Celebrity Series" concerts
- Setting up and breaking down for concerts and rehearsals
- Providing flowers to graduating seniors in instrumental ensembles
- Painting offices, the student lounge in the PCAC, and currently renovating the practice rooms
- Transporting, setting up, and breaking down equipment for marching band rehearsals and performances
- Putting together flip folders for marching band and pep band every year
- Visiting nursing homes, schools, etc. to perform
- Providing extras for the spring Opera Workshop
- And whatever else the department might need
Although we are a service fraternity, we also bond together as a brotherhood. We have to have fun!!! We do activities together or sometimes just hang out at each other's dorm rooms and apartments! If we can't get along together, how can we serve the bands together?
Kappa Kappa Psi was founded on November 27, 1919 (Thanksgiving Day), at what is now known as Oklahoma State University, by Bohumil Makovsky and ten of his students.
- Our Motto: Strive for the Highest
- Our Colors: Blue and White
- Our Flower: Red Carnation
- National Founding Date: November 27th, 1919
- Chapter Founding Date: May 8th, 1993
- Chapter Designation: Iota Phi
Our Vision Statement:
With a dedicated spirit of unity and cooperation, we are unequivocally committed to become the world standard of excellence for band fraternal organizations.
Our Mission Statement:
Kappa Kappa Psi is a fraternal organization that promotes the advancement of college and university bands through dedicated service and support to bands; comprehensive education; leadership opportunities; and recognition; for the benefit of its members and society.
We, the Brothers of Kappa Kappa Psi, believe that service to the college or university band program fosters responsibility, loyalty, and leadership; that a spirit of brotherhood is enhanced by the participation in a band program; that music is a universal language and truly the greatest of the arts; and that through fraternal participation, each member will strive for the highest.
Be it known that Kappa Kappa Psi, National Honorary Fraternity for College Band members, is an organization operating exclusively in the field of the college and university bands, and for the following several purposes.
- To promote the existence and welfare of the college and university bands and to cultivate at large a wholesome respect for their activities and achievements.
- To honor outstanding band members through the privilege of membership extended as a reward for technical achievement and an appreciation for the best in music.
- To stimulate campus leadership and promulgate an uncompromising respect through the medium of the college band for gracious conduct, good taste and unswerving loyalty.
- To foster a close relationship between college bands and to promote a high average of attainment by the performance of good music and the selection of worthwhile projects.
- To provide a pleasant and helpful social experience for all engaged in college band work and to cooperate with other musical organizations in any manner consistent with the purposes of the institution at which chapters are located.