Due to the intensive format of January Term, ALL students are limited to registering for one* course and a maximum of 4 credits.
*One Course Exception: Students may register for more than one course provided the courses DO NOT meet concurrently and the total credits DO NOT exceed the 4 credit maximum.
Deadlines January Term 2014
- October 21: Registration opens at 8:00 a.m. No RAC, instructor or advisor signature required. New students must register in person, by phone, fax or mail. Please note: payment is due at the time of registration for all non-degree students; degree students will be billed.
- December 23: Last day to register in-person or by phone for January Term prior to the holiday break (Dec 25 - Jan 1).
- December 26: Last day to register on Webcat for students with active accounts. Online (Webcat) registration closes at 6 pm.
- December 27: Online/Hybrid courses and Abroad trips begin.
- December 27 - January 1: Registration closed.
- January 2: On Campus courses begin.
- January 2: LAST DAY to ADD a January Term class. Walk-in, phone, fax registration open 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Payment or proof of financial aid and professor's written or emailed permission required for all courses.
- January 2: LAST DAY to DROP (with REFUND) Phone, fax, e-mail or walk-in drops permitted 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. only. No permission or signatures required. Full tuition and tech fee refund available.
- January 7: LAST DAY to DROP (without academic liability, W grade will appear on your transcript, no tuition/fee refund).
- January 17: Classes end.
Note: Pass/Fail option is available for degree students only. Download pass/fail form.
Auditing a course is not permitted during January Term.
Mail: UNH Registration, 11 Garrison Ave., Stoke Hall, Rm 128EA, Durham, NH 03824.
Fax: (603) 862-0655
In-Person: Office of the Registrar, 11 Garrison Ave., Stoke Hall, Room 128EA, Durham.
Phone: (603) 862-2015 or 1-800-313-5327
Payment Methods & Information
Cash, check, credit card, TMS payment plans (only for students currently enrolled in TMS), graduate assistantships (full year or spring) or financial aid credit from fall or spring semester accepted. Employee/dependent tuition waivers also accepted.
UNH Degree Students
If you are enrolled in a UNH degree program and you are registering for January Term your tuition and fees will appear on your bill. Late fees will be assessed if payment is not made by the due date. You must drop January Term courses by January 2 to avoid tuition and fee liability and additional late fees. Failure to attend or to participate in a class does not constitute an official drop. Tuition charges can be viewed on the Registration Fee Assessment page.
Financial aid may be used if you have a credit from fall or spring packages. If you use a portion of your spring semester financial aid package and subsequently do not enroll in the spring semester, you are liable for any January Term course charges.
Students currently enrolled in the spring TMS payment plan may add January Term charges to their accounts. Students must contact TMS to increase their monthly budget payment.
UNH Non-Degree and Non-UNH Students
If you are not enrolled in a UNH degree program and you are registering for January Term or Spring semester you must pay at the time of registration or your class(es) will be dropped.