Annual recognition events for outstanding UNH Faculty and Staff
Each year a variety of events take place on our campuses, recognizing service and excellence of our University of New Hampshire Faculty and Staff. Below is a listing of the awards presently distributed at the University level.
This does not preclude any awards or recognition celebrated at department/organizational levels recognizing the members of their staff.
FACULTY EXCELLENCE - Each year, the University of New Hampshire selects a small number of its outstanding faculty for special recognition of their achievements in teaching, scholarship and service. Awards for Excellence in Teaching are given in each college and school, and university-wide awards recognize public service, research, teaching and engagement
View the Faculty Excellence website to read about this year's recipients!
- Outstanding Faculty Award - Associate and Assitant Professor
- Distinguished Professor Award
- Award for Excellence in Research
- Award for Excellence in Public Service
- Alumni Association Excellence in Public Service Award
- The Jean Brierley Award for Excellence in Teaching
- Excellence in International Engagement
To nominate a UNH faculty member for any of these annual awards please review the nominations process.
STAFF EXCELLENCE - These staff awards are presented to those, nominated by their peers, who have demonstrated particular excellence through outstanding performance and a significant record of dedication to the University community. You will also learn about staff members who have been recognized for their contributions to diversity and social justice on campus. Responsibilities vary widely, but all of our award recipients each year contribute to building and ensuring a stronger, safer, more sustainable, and more inclusive community.
View the Staff Excellence website to read about this year's recipients!
- Presidential Award of Excellence - 5 recipients selected each year.
- The Kidder Award - GLBT Commission
- The Stephanie Thomas Staff Award - Women's Commission
- The Joyce Gibbs Award - Women's Commission
- The Professional Advising Award - Academic Advising
To nominate a UNH staff member for any of these annual awards please review the UNH Staff Excellence nominations information.
The 2015 Staff Recognition Program was held May 1st in the Granite State Room, MUB. This event recognizes and celebrates staff employees who have achieved benchmark years of service (10, 15, 20, 25, etc.). In addition, we recognized the Presidential Award of Excellence recipients for 2015.