There are a variety of recreation resources available to you here at UNH:
*If you would like to recommend other recreation resources for UNH Fac/Staff be added here, please call 862-0519.
Campus Recreation - located at the Hamel Recreation Center, Campus Recreation manages several campus facilities available to support you in being active at UNH. Some areas of Campus Recreation you can take advantage of as a Faculty/Staff member are:
- College Woods - has running/walking/hiking trails on the Durham campus and Durham area.
- Indoor Pool - located inside the Field House. Year round open swim hours for Faculty and Staff. UNH ID required.
- Outdoor Pool - open during the summer, located next to the Hamel Recreation Center/Whittemore Arena, summer pool passes can be purchased.
- Mendum's Pond - 200 acre pond and recreation area located in Barrington. Take your UNH ID card to the Hamel Recreation Center main desk and they will give you a sticker for free access to Mendum's Pond.
- Group Fitness Classes - Campus recreation holds classes throughout the year that are available for a drop-in fee service, or at a reduced rate (if you are a member of the Hamel Recreation Center).
- Whittemore Ice Arena - has open skate hours for Faculty/Staff and also has skate rentals available throughout the year.
Kingman Farm - Located on Route 155 in Madbury, NH, the primary recreational uses of the Kingman Farm are mountain biking, hiking, jogging, snowmobiling, cross-country skiing, and foxhunt training for dogs. There are also a series of mountain bike races held in the fall to raise money for the UNH ski team. In addition the property is used frequently for educational research by UNH.
UNH Woodland and Natural Resources - The Woodlands and Natural Areas Committee of the University of New Hampshire is charged with managing the University's woodlands and natural areas that include areas you can visit and utilize for recreation purposes such as walking, biking, hiking or swimming.