Function of Job:
Under general supervision of designated supervisor, coordinate all warehouse operations, including such areas as receiving, warehousing, shipping, material distribution, pickup and delivery services, inventory and reports.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide pickup and deliveries services and act as liaison with UPS, common carriers and campus departments receiving freight.
- Receive, inspect, and separate incoming freight, and retain stock for central warehouse or stockroom as needed.
- Develop delivery routing schedules and monitor work standards to ensure prompt and efficient delivery of material and services to proper campus locations; perform delivery services as needed; coordinate delivery, receiving, and storage with campus departments.
- Maintain accurate receiving/delivery records and logs and prepare reports, including recording important stock transactions with all relevant data.
- Maintain locator system for warehouse items; mark articles with identifier for locator system.
- Organize and clean warehouse, loading dock and assigned vehicles.
- Make recommendations for effective use of space and resources.
- Operate and maintain fork lifts and pallet jacks.
- Assist with special events, moving, and recycling as required.
- Hire train and supervise staff as assigned.
- Maintain safety regulations and awareness in moving materials and handling hazardous materials.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Minimum Acceptable Qualifications:
- High school graduation or equivalent and three years related experience.
- Computer skills as required by department.
- Sufficient strength and physical dexterity to perform the duties and responsibilities of this job, including heavy work.
- Ability to wear and use appropriate personal protective equipment, as necessary.
- Valid commercial motor vehicle operator's license.
Additional Desirable Qualifications:
- Related work experience in a college/university environment.
System Approval: 3/10/2004
Effective Date: 2/23/2004
***NOTE: Revised - original approved 7/16/75 as “Lead Warehouse Worker” and revised 7/27/80, 7/29/83, and 4/24/90 as Warehouse Coordinator. ***
This document is a generic classification specification of the University System of New Hampshire. Its purpose is to describe the representative responsibilities and general level of complexity, and it is not a substitute for the specific job description of the individual position.