Health Care Price Shopping Program Benefits UNH Employees
Employees can now receive cash incentives by calling Tandem Care, a new price shopping program for University employees and their dependents. Utilizing Tandem's Health Advantage Services will help the University save hundreds, even thousands of dollars on the cost of medical tests and procedures.
By choosing to receive your care with a lower cost provider, you get to share in that savings! When you use Tandem Care, you will receive a reward of between $20 and $200, based on the amount saved by the University of New Hampshire. The low cost providers are all fully licensed, credentialed, contracted Harvard Pilgrim providers who happen to charge less than other providers.
Here's how it works:
- Call Tandem Care and the nurse on staff will help you select a lower cost provider.
- The nurse will make an appointment for you at the new provider and make sure that your medical records are waiting for you when you arrive for your appointment.
- If you already had an appointment scheduled by your doctor’s office with the higher priced provider, the nurse will cancel that appointment for you as well.
- Go to your new appointment.
- Tandem will send you a check!
It’s not hard to receive a reward, as prices vary more than you might think. The chart below shows actual price differences for common procedures in our local area:
Call Tandem at 866-797-4100 or email: email@example.com before your next test or procedure and start earning rewards today! You can also view information on this UNH employee benefit at: www.usnh.edu/hr/benefits/tandemcare.html
NOTE: Rewards are taxable as income, regardless of amount, and will be subject to withholding.