Annual Earned Time Cash-Out Program
2012 Program Information:
Earned Time Cash Out information for non-exempt (OS) employees: UNH OS employees now now have the ability to cash out Earned Time annually starting this year. The Board of Trustees has approved a USNH policy, Employee Benefits 4.10.7, which provides Operating Staff employees the ability to cash out a portion of their Earned Time hours. For UNH OS staff during 2012 this opportunity will be based on the following criteria:
• All new OS employees will need to have completed their introductory period by November 16, 2012 to be eligible;
• Up to 37.5 or 40 hours of accrued Earned Time (equivalent to 5 days of paid leave based on the employee's work week) can be cashed out as long as a balance of 24 hours remains after the cash out is applied;
• The cash out form for 2012 must be completed, signed and received by UNH HR by November 5, 2012;
• The cash out payment must be voluntary and is based on the hourly rate in effect at the time payment is made; and
• Payment will be received in the November 16, 2012 paycheck.
The earned time cash out option will coincide annually with UNH's sick pool conversion month (currently October) to ensure that OS staff can effectively make decisions related to their earned time.