Background Checks Process
- The initial job posting will include a statement regarding the requirement for a background review.
- The hiring department will download the appropriate consent form for the position type. The hiring department is required to fill out the top portion and select the package type.
- The applicant completes the bottom section of the Consent Form.
- Refusal on the part of a finalist to authorize a background review will make the individual ineligible for employment.
- The hiring department sends the completed form to HR for process by one of the following options: Send via email to Mariah.email@example.com or fax to: (603) 862-1222.
- Upon receipt of a completed and signed authorization form by the candidate, the Office of Human Resources will initiate the appropriate background review, based on the requirements of the position being filled. The Office of Human Resources will coordinate with the third-party vendor regarding all background verifications. The vendor will send the reports to the Office of Human Resources upon the completion of the verification process.
- Motor Vehicle Record searches can be combined with any of the available background check packages. In addition to the appropriate consent form, the ORIGINAL 2-part Release of Motor Vehicle Record form must be notarized and sent to the Office of Human Resources.
- If there is no record of criminal convictions, the Human Resources coordinator will send an email to the hiring department to confirm that they may extend an offer of employment to the applicant.
- If there is potentially disqualifying information the Human Resources Partner will communicate results to the hiring department on set criteria as according to policy.