Annual Process for Coaching for Performance - Employee
Complete the Employee Input form in advance of the first of your two “annual feedback” meetings with your Supervisor. (Your supervisor is responsible for scheduling these meetings.)
The first annual feedback meeting is your opportunity to share what you prepare on this form. You are in complete control of what you elect to share. During the meeting use the form as a reference and share your information orally.
*It is important that you NOT give the Supervisor this form in advance of the meeting or any time during the meeting. He/she should hear the information directly from you and not be reading ahead. Your Supervisor may ask clarifying questions or take notes.
Give your Supervisor a copy of the form at the end of the meeting.
List and describe at least 3 accomplishments from the past year. Try to include as much detail as possible.
- Hired 3 FTE’s during critical busy season in under 30 days
- Successfully completed system upgrade on time and under budget
- Passed an extensive external audit
- Revamped the Accounts Receivable workflow which improved accuracy and production by eliminating non-value added procedures/steps
List and describe at least 3 disappointments from the past year. Try to include as much detail as possible.
- Neglected to update expense reimbursement forms with new mileage rates, this unfortunately lead to some inaccurate reimbursements and avoidable confusion
- Not able to get all performance evaluations in on time for all of my staff
New Skills/Competencies I have Acquired / Important Experiences I’ve Gained / Relationships I’ve Built That Aid My Productive Capability - Comment on these areas or others that pertain to your personal growth.
Think about what’s next for you in your career. Think 1 year out, 2 years out, 5 years out, and beyond.
Career aspirations could include: taking on a new role in your current department or somewhere else, enrolling in classes, workshops, attaining licenses, or attending training. Or it could include retirement planning.
Whatever your aspirations are, please share with your supervisor so he/she may know and support you.
- I’d like to take a management development training course this year
- I would like to start classes in order to obtain my MBA
- My goal is to eventually work in the Financial Planning and Analysis group
Please list your goals from the previous year and comment on your progress. Reference your previous review document if needed.
Be sure to use the S.M.A.R.T Goals format. Provide a least 3 goals for the upcoming year. Your goals will be finalized in the second meeting. This is an essential piece to your successful performance at UNH. Please take some time to think about your goals and please do not leave this section blank.
Specific: What, why, and how?
Measureable: How will you measure?
Attainable: Is it possible in your current circumstances?
Realistic: Are you willing and able, do you have the resources needed?
Time bound: Schedule and/or deadline?