Summer Camps and Conference Intern Application
SUMMER CAMPS AND CONFERENCE INTERN APPLICATION PROCESS
Thank you for your interest in the Summer Conference Intern position with the Department of Housing. Below you will find details on the application process. Please read this information carefully.
APPLICATION: All application materials are due no later than Friday, April 5th, 2013 @ 12noon. We will review applicants beginning Monday April 8th and interviews offered shortly thereafter.
ADDITIONAL MATERIALS: A resume should be sent to Donna Han no later than Friday April 5th.
ELIGIBILITY: All applicants must be a current employee or graduate student at UNH.
INTERVIEWS: You may be contacted via phone or email for an interview by one of our staff.
Interviews will be held between April 10th and April 17th.
DECISIONS: All Notifications will be made by Friday April 19th 2013 at the latest.
*All application materials and links are located on the right of this page.
The Department of Housing, in conjunction with University Conferences and Catering, welcomes the opportunity to provide outside groups with comfortable summer conference accommodations at economical rates in our residence halls or apartments.
UNH has approximately 1500 residence hall bed spaces available for group use each summer. Accommodations are in single or double rooms in buildings, which can house between 50-500 individuals. Additionally, we offer approximately 200 bed spaces in four, five, and six-person apartments.
ACUHO-I Summer Camps and Conference Intern
The Conference Intern provides leadership, customer service, crisis management and management of hall facilities during the summer conference season. The Conference Intern is self-motivated; possesses excellent verbal and interpersonal communication skills; works independently with minimal supervision; demonstrates excellent organization and time management skills.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Work closely with the Housing Summer Conference office to ensure effective management of all camps and conferences on campus
- Work closely with camp and conference counselors to ensure all needs are met
- Manage and assign camp rosters within the Camp and Conference Database
- Oversee conference check-in and check-out procedures including preparing check-in packet information and keys
- Manage administrative tasks such as key auditing and key card programming
- Create and distribute signage prior to conference arrival.
- Document conference participants prior to and following check-out to be submitting for billing purposes
- Prepare conference participant rooms as appropriate
- Participate in an on-duty rotation to respond to conference participant needs
- Other duties as assigned
- 30 hours during the summer term, May 24th – Aug 9th (dates are not firm). Hours may vary based on camp and conferences schedules with some hours required on evenings and weekends.
- Fully furnished apartment
- Basic meal plan when dining hall is open
- Stipend of $225 per week
- Parking available