Skip to Content Find it Fast

This browser does not support Cascading Style Sheets.

Facilities Find It Fast

Living @ UNH

Housing Key Service (Lock-Outs and Let-Ins)

Hours of Operation:
Mon-Fri 9:00am - 5:00pm
(2013-2014 Academic Year)

The Housing Key Service is located to the Housing Office at 10 Academic Way (across from McConnell Hall behind the bus stops). Should you misplace your room key, our staff is available to assist you by issuing a temporary replacement.  Our staff is also available to provide let-in services (we unlock your door for you) in the rare circumstance where you are locked out but unable to come to the Housing Office.  These services will be provided by Housing each business day (Monday-Friday) from 9:00am - 5:00pm.  During that time please visit us at the Housing Office or call the Housing Key Service Desk at (603) 862-2120 to request assistance. Please be sure to bring a form of identification with you to secure a loaner key.

If you find yourself locked out on weekends, holidays, or weekdays between 5:00pm and 9:00am, please contact UNH Police Support Services at (603) 862-1427. Each student is allowed one complimentary let-in over the course of the academic year (regardless of whether it is provided by Housing or Police Support Services). If you require further assistance your student account will be charged $25.00 for each additional let-in event.  Please be aware that unannounced Fire Safety inspections are performed on a regular basis and our staff will always lock the door when leaving your room, even if it was unlocked when they arrived.

If you have lost your key, please notify the Housing Key Service so that we can request that the lock on your room be changed.  The $65 re-core cost will be charged to your student account.  For those of you living in buildings with combos, we strongly encourage you not to share your room combination with anyone.  Resetting the combination to a room will result in a $25 charge to your student account. Lastly, if you have lost or damaged your UNH ID card which is required to gain entry to the residential buildings, please visit the ID Office in Holloway Commons.

*You are viewing pages printed from
These pages appear differently when viewed online.