Early Arrival Process for individuals (NOT Groups)
Each fall semester, some students with extenuating circumstances request to arrive early on campus due to family, academic, extra-curricular or work commitments. We are glad to offer some flexibility to our students for early arrival, while we strive to maintain policies that enhance student experiences and reduce safety and security concerns. We maintain a balance between the needs of our students with the need to ensure that our living environments are properly staffed and residential spaces adequately cleaned and prepared. For these reasons, the following process is in place for individual* returning students who have extreme, extenuating circumstances and need to check into their fall 2014 assignment prior to Monday, September 1, 2014.
Dates and Deadlines
There are only specific dates where early storage of property or early arrival are possible for individual* returning students. These dates/times (and associated fees) are:
- Wednesday, August 27, 8:00-10:00am for storage only of personal property ($50.00 fee)
- Saturday, August 30, 2:00-4:00pm for storage only of personal property ($25.00 fee)
- Saturday, August 30, 2:00-4:00pm for early arrival/check-in ($100.00 fee)
Only students with compelling, extenuating circumstances who submit an individual* early arrival request and receive approval are permitted to check-in and/or arrive early.
*Students who are a part of a UNH-sponsored group that is arriving early should NOT follow the instructions below. The Housing Office will be notified about groups of students arriving early by that group's coordinator.
1. Complete the early arrival request form.
2. You must have compelling, extenuating circumstances for the request to be considered/approved. The following reasons will NOT be approved:
- “My parents are out of town that weekend and are unable to help me move-in.”
- "We live more than five hours away and we can't drive and return from UNH in one day"
- "My summer lease is ending and I have to move out of the apartment I live in."
- “We have made vacation plans for that weekend.”
- “We can only get the vehicle for that day.”
- “It would be much more convenient to move in earlier.”
- “One of my friends did it last year.”
- “My parents have to work that day.”
- “We just want to move my things into the room. I will not be staying.”
3. Students requesting the storage only option or requesting to arrive early must read and agree with the policies and fees.
4. Submit the request. Requests submitted before the deadline of Friday, August 22 will be processed promptly and notification of the approval or disapproval via return e-mail will made within two business days or by Monday, August 25 at the latest.
Not all requests to arrive early will be approved. Only those requests that have compelling, extenuating circumstances will be approved.
If you have specific questions or concerns about the individual early arrival process, please contact Christina Rowland at 603.862.3469 or e-mail her.