Skip to Content Find it Fast

This browser does not support Cascading Style Sheets.

Facilities Find It Fast

Living @ UNH

Babcock Hall - Graduate Residence Hall
Babcock Hall - Graduate Residence Hall

Forest Park Family and Faculty Housing
Forest Park - Family and Faculty Housing

Your Graduate Housing Options arrow

Welcome to the UNH community! The Department of Housing has two on-campus housing options for you to consider.

Babcock Hallarrow

One is Babcock Hall, a traditional residence hall for graduate or non-traditional students.  Each resident lives in a single room furnished with a loftable bed, mattress, desk, desk chair, and built-in dresser and closet. Each floor has a community bathroom and kitchen. Residents have the option of purchasing various meal plans from our on-campus dining halls.  Babcock is a place where people from many countries and cultures come together to form a lively and scholarly atmosphere.  The floor lounges, ping pong room, volleyball court and fireplace lounge are all frequent gathering places for the residents.

Babcock Hall website

Forest Parkarrow

A second choice available to those who are arriving with families (married, civil unions, or those with dependent children) is Forest Park, our family housing complex on campus.   Forest Park has a variety of apartment options including studios, and one or two bedroom units. Maximum occupancy for any family is 5 people in a two bedroom apartment. While Forest Park was designed for families, single graduate students may be considered for studio apartments when no families on the list are available to move in.  Residents gather in the community center for monthly dinners and events such as BBQ’s workshops and tenant committee meetings.  The location is just steps away from many academic buildings and is within 10 minutes of all major campus buildings and downtown Durham.

Forest Park website


Our residence halls rates and Forest Park rents are reasonable compared to the local housing market rates and include all utilities.  At the Family Housing Complex, each apartment receives a reserved on-campus parking space while Babcock parking is in a near-by parking lot.

Apply for Graduate Housingarrow

If you are a prospective graduate student, you can apply for on-campus graduate residence hall housing via our Graduate Housing Application. That application is found on the Housing Forms web site. You can download the form, fill it out, and mail, fax (862-3406), or scan it and attach it to a return e-mail to us at your convenience. Complete information regarding the graduate application process can be found here.

If you would like to contact us please feel free to call our office at 603-862-2120 or email us at




*You are viewing pages printed from
These pages appear differently when viewed online.

If you are the owner of this site and you would like to print the page as it appears online, please refer to the file "QuickStart.html" for instructions.