Storage and Shopping
You've planning on bringing all this wonderful stuff and now you wondeing just how is it all going to fit. Those fine folks at Home and Garden TV (search on dorm room) offer some great storage tips for new freshmen:
- Go vertical - with storage that is! Get things up off the floor with stacked storage bins.
- Emptied suitcases are great for storage under your bed.
- Talk to your roommate before you arrive to condense and consolidate. Why have two fridges, two TVs, two stereos etc.?
- Two word wonders: storage bins, collapsible crates, bed risers, memo boards, plastic bins, clothes hampers, wall organizers!
Shopping After Arrival
Durham has some unique and great stores to shop for stuff.
- Rite-Aid - located in the Mill Road Shopping Plaza--it's your standard drug store, but better. It has a pharmacy, cosmetics, greeting cards, film supplies and lots of seasonal candy, cards and decorations.
- Durham Market Place (commonly called "The Dump" get it - DUrham Market Place?????) - located in the Mill Road Shopping Plaza - groceries and essential foodstuffs. Yum-Yum!
- Town and Campus - located on Main Street- art, school and paper supplies, UNH logo'd clothes and hats, stickers, etc.
- Aubuchon's Hardware - located in Lee, just off the traffic circle- a hardware store. They have concrete blocks, bed raisers, fans, tools and so much more. They are a great sourceof information about building your own loft!
- Store 24 - a convenient, convenience store
- And of course - Wal-Mart (and other big box stores)! Located in Newington, just 9 miles from campus towards the seacoast, you can find a huge selection there and at all the other big box stores located in Newington (Joann Fabrics, Best Buy, Target, Wal-Mart, Christmas Tree Shop, Barnes and Noble, etc.)