Health Care Delivery
The work of the Health Care Delivery domain centers on analyzing and identifying how health care is best delivered to patients. Simply put, this focus area asks whether more expensive health care equates to higher quality, more effective health care.
This work began with four major objectives:
- Establish meaningful metrics to assess the cost and quality of care, as well as the effectiveness of any programs we implement.
- Establish best practices for the delivery of care and integration of public health strategies.
- Design, test, and implement primary, preventive and wellness delivery services in our community.*
- Advance the use of effective electronic medical records, health information exchange and electronic prescribing in our community.
*In February 2012, UNH opened the UNH Employee Clinic, which is an expansion of services offered to employees by Health Services.
To learn more about Health Care Delivery, enroll in one of the courses listed on the Healthy UNH Courses page.
- Key Resources
- Physical Activity
- Mental Wellness
- Health Care Consumerism
- Cost Variation
- Appropriate Emergency Room Use
- Avoid Duplicate Radiologic Testing
- Increase Generic Drug Use
- Use Independent Labs
- Healthcare Spending
- Establish a Medical Home
- Understanding Health Insurance
- Using the Health Education Benefit on Campus
- USNH Benefit Resources
- Health Blog
- Contact Us