Overcoming Procrastination, Stop Putting it Off!
As finals are here, now is a great time to talk about procrastination. It may seem like you have plenty of time to study and finish all your assignments, but with a full course load, you will probably need all the time you can get. Procrastinating and getting distracted can put you way behind schedule. What may seem like a quick Facebook break, can easily turn into an hour long process of looking through random people's pictures (we all know it happens) or taking countless Buzzfeed quizzes. All this procrastinating can lead to stress and unnecessary anxiety. It can also weaken your immune system and make it difficult to get a good night's sleep. If you feel you easily get distracted and usually put things off until the last minute, try out some of these tips!
1. Make a to-do list. Put the most important and time sensitive assignments at the top. Put the list somewhere where you will be likely to look at it and be reminded of the things you have to get done. Once you complete an assignment, cross it off the list! As the list gets smaller, you'll feel more motivated to get it all done!
2. Set goals but make them realistic. Setting goals out of your reach will make tasks seem daunting and unachievable.
3. If you have big projects, break them down into smaller parts and do things one at a time.
4. Plan to reward yourself. This will give you more motivation to get things done and something to look forward to!
Finals are here, don't procrastinate studying!
#mentalhealth #healthyUNH #UNHstudents
- Key Resources
- Physical Activity
- Mental Wellness
- Health Care Consumerism
- Cost Variation
- Appropriate Emergency Room Use
- Avoid Duplicate Radiologic Testing
- Increase Generic Drug Use
- Use Independent Labs
- Healthcare Spending
- Establish a Medical Home
- Understanding Health Insurance
- Using the Health Education Benefit on Campus
- USNH Benefit Resources
- Health Blog
- Contact Us