Dance your Way to Fitness

Monday, November 18, 2013

Ambro 

If you are anything like me, you’re always looking for different ways to get in physical fitness without hitting the gym. I love to find ways to exercise while having fun. One way that I have always known how to get fit and have fun is by dancing! Dancing is a great way to stay in shape by improving cardiovascular endurance, strength, coordination, and flexibility. It is also a great way to express yourself artistically and to just have a good time! Another great thing about dance is that there are so many different types; ballet, jazz, tap, zumba, salsa, and tango are just a few to list. There are also so many ways to get involved in dancing. UNH offers dance classes for credit as well as opportunities to participate in the dance company and dance team. Campus Rec offers classes like zumba that combines dancing with cardio moves. If you are looking for other options, there are plenty of local dance studios in Portsmouth, Dover, Barrington, and Greenland that allow you to participate in drop-in classes for as cheap as $12. If you don’t feel like leaving the house, there are great dance based workout videos online and on DVD that you can use to get your workout in. If none of these options work for you, grab a few friends and go out dancing for the night! Combining a social outing with your daily physical activity sounds perfect to me! There is no wrong way to dance so go ahead and give it a try, you never know, it might become your new favorite form of exercise! 

For more information on the health benefits and tips on dancing click this website.

Comments

dancing

Who doesn't love dancing! It's such a great exercise! I usually just dance when my roommates are out and I won't be embarassed.